Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,081
Happy 5th Birthday Casey!

Doesn't seem possible she is 5 already, I remember when you introduced her to all of us as a pup......
Where has the time gone?

Hope she has a fun filled day enjoying her new Kong wubba that she knows is ALL HERS-too funny!
Its crazy how fast these 5 years went! She actually hasnt been feeling good these past couple days so she's been getting lots of cuddles. Im not sure if it's her food or just a stomach bug. She wouldn't be happy going to work with me so hoping she is better in the next day or two or she will be going in to get checked. But she did get excited for her new toy and has been sleeping with it ever since i gave it to her!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,086
Coolest thing happened at work today. I work at a vets office now which has been great but today i was working the front desk cashing out a client when another client came in to get flea and tick medication for her dog which so happens to be Bob's Dad!!! I wish I had my phone with me at the time, he looks just like Bob, same face and everything just has a darker fur color! It was so cool to see how great Bob's dad is doing at 15 years old and has no signs of slowing down! I thanked the woman about a hundred times for giving me my best friend. I don't know what i would do without Bob and it was great to be able to tell her that. And of course a picture of my best boy!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,088
That's cool. I'm glad Bob has longevity in his dad.
Im so glad too! Bob's mom passed away a couple years ago at 12 and i found out his brother passed at 9 which is sad. The lady was so happy to hear how well Bob is doing and to see some pictures of him. She didnt plan on breeding her dogs back then and the litter was an accident but she really cares about her dogs. I was lucky to see Bob from when he was a couple weeks old, it's been me and him since i was 12 years old. She was telling my coworker about how when i used to visit i gave Bob most of my attention over the other puppies. She said it was always Lexie and Bob!

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts
Coolest thing happened at work today. I work at a vets office now which has been great but today i was working the front desk cashing out a client when another client came in to get flea and tick medication for her dog which so happens to be Bob's Dad!!! I wish I had my phone with me at the time, he looks just like Bob, same face and everything just has a darker fur color! It was so cool to see how great Bob's dad is doing at 15 years old and has no signs of slowing down! I thanked the woman about a hundred times for giving me my best friend. I don't know what i would do without Bob and it was great to be able to tell her that. And of course a picture of my best boy!

That is really great.....

My first Golden lived to 15.5

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,090

That's awesome for your golden to live that long. I hoped for at least that long for Bob but after seeing his dad I'm hoping longer! I wish he would be with me forever if he could. He's been with me through so much

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts

That's awesome for your golden to live that long. I hoped for at least that long for Bob but after seeing his dad I'm hoping longer! I wish he would be with me forever if he could. He's been with me through so much

Bob looks so great, having longevity in his lines should be a huge plus for him.

My first boy defied all the odds-he was not well bred, from a local family (BYB), they wanted their girl to have one litter. Both parents were AKC but not registered, of course no good pedigree behind them. I had my boy neutered at 6 months per my Vet's advice-this was back in the mid 90s and things were done much differently then. He was very healthy, was stung a few times by insects and bitten by a spider once, but other than that, nothing major. I was very lucky he was so healthy and lived to an old age.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,092

Bob looks so great, having longevity in his lines should be a huge plus for him.

My first boy defied all the odds-he was not well bred, from a local family (BYB), they wanted their girl to have one litter. Both parents were AKC but not registered, of course no good pedigree behind them. I had my boy neutered at 6 months per my Vet's advice-this was back in the mid 90s and things were done much differently then. He was very healthy, was stung a few times by insects and bitten by a spider once, but other than that, nothing major. I was very lucky he was so healthy and lived to be an old age.
Bob is doing great and im lucky. He did have a fall so he is coming to my work tonight to make sure he is okay. Limping a little but my boss said he has no problem checking on him for me. Bob was neutered at 6 and is pretty healthy besides the arthritis, he's hypothyroid and has some seasonal allergies But i know how lucky i got with him. His parents aren't akc i believe he is aca but that doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,094
Hope everything with Bob checks out alright today.......
He pulled a muscle in his hind leg but my vet said we shouldn't worry to much just have to give gabapentin for a couple days and shouldn't go on anymore 2 mile walks just keep him to mile mile and a half

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts
He pulled a muscle in his hind leg but my vet said we shouldn't worry to much just have to give gabapentin for a couple days and shouldn't go on anymore 2 mile walks just keep him to mile mile and a half

Sorry to hear that but it's better news than it could have been.
Hope he's doing better soon....

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,096
Sorry to hear that but it's better news than it could have been.
Hope he's doing better soon....
Its a lot better than it could of been. Im bummed he can't go on long walks anymore but he is definitely not slowing down anytime soon. This boy still has so much energy. Tonight when my vet was done checking his legs, Bob grabbed his leash and ran to the door! Then we came home he ran across across my yard. I told him, he has to rest for a few more days but he seems to have other plans!

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts
Its a lot better than it could of been. Im bummed he can't go on long walks anymore but he is definitely not slowing down anytime soon. This boy still has so much energy. Tonight when my vet was done checking his legs, Bob grabbed his leash and ran to the door! Then we came home he ran across across my yard. I told him, he has to rest for a few more days but he seems to have other plans!

That's so funny.......Bob is such a character.
He's too busy enjoying life to slow down........

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,099
That's so funny.......Bob is such a character.
He's too busy enjoying life to slow down........
He really is. My vet was talking about how he is getting older and that was when he grabbed his leash and went to the door. So it had us all laughing and my vet said sorry to Bob he didn't mean to offend him and gave him cookies!
Bob’s not going to be happy taking it easy....hope he heals soon:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see a little more improvement this morning. Putting a little more weight on his left hind leg. He so badly wants to run and play but has to take it easy for a couple more days so he may be going for car rides for the next couple days to make him happy

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,100
It's been a little bit since I've posted about the pups. Bob has had some more health issues that are finally resolving. His stomach is so sensitive as he has gotten older. His allergy test just came back and his food allergies are worse than Casey's. He may be getting cytopoint shots with casey this year. He is now on royal canin hydrolyzed protein for food since he was highly allergic to the Royal canin gi food and the Purina pro plan sensitive skin and stomach that i was feeding. Other than his stomach issues he is doing great he got to go shopping with me the other day and loved all the attention he got and even picked out his own treats.
I reran an allergy test on Casey and her allergies have changed as she has gotten older and they arent as bad as they were which is great. She is on the right food. She will need cytopoint shots for her seasonal allergies but im so glad i dont have to worry to much about food with her. She has been running around playing with toys lately which is funny cause she doesn't normally play with toys at all. I bought her a new bed called a cozy cave and she loves it. She can tunnel into the bed and be nice and warm.
Oakley is my silly boy but there are days at work that have been tough and my crazy boy just lays on my lap and just cuddles up to me when he knows i need it. I got so lucky with him. He can be difficult but he makes me laugh and just seems to know when i need him to lay with me. But he will still pester Bob and Casey any chance he gets!
We also have a big change coming. Our house is put up for sale and we will be moving to my mems house since she needs help and can't take care of the property anymore. My pups will have 14 acres to run everyday. I worry how Bob and Casey will adjust since this is the only house they know, I'm not to worried about Oak since he is just happy wherever we are.

1081 - 1100 of 1128 Posts