Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1182 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
After losing our dog Copper, we actively looked for another dog for Bob and for us. And after reading all of the great rescue stories on this forum we decided to go the rescue route and yesterday we brought home our sweet little girl who we have named Casey! It's very weird having a puppy again but Bob seems to love having a playmate again. I wanted to share some pictures of them since this forum helped me make the decision to rescue a dog and I'm so happy that I did!

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know hound sounds right. My sister old guy is a hound mix. At least that is what they told them. He has some of that same coloring as your pup.
Hound is the only breed we are kinda sure of lol she has an under bite which makes them think bulldog but of course they are never sure. I have to make an appointment with my vet and we will see what he thinks lol

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,279 Posts
Congratulations, Casey is adorable!

Great to hear Bob is enjoying having a playmate and being a big brother.

Have fun with her, thanks for adopting!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for rescuing. They sure look cute together!

Congratulations, Casey is adorable!

Great to hear Bob is enjoying having a playmate and being a big brother.

Have fun with her, thanks for adopting!
Thank you guys she is pretty special and becoming very spoiled.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love seeing and hearing about a Rescue pup that is truly loved and being spoiled, they all deserve to be.

Bob looks so happy in your pictures.
He's happy but he's still adjusting to the fact that she is staying. They were cuddling earlier but he jumped up when he saw us watching.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Casey

After losing our dog Copper, we actively looked for another dog for Bob and for us. And after reading all of the great rescue stories on this forum we decided to go the rescue route and yesterday we brought home our sweet little girl who we have named Casey! It's very weird having a puppy again but Bob seems to love having a playmate again. I wanted to share some pictures of them since this forum helped me make the decision to rescue a dog and I'm so happy that I did!
Casey is so adorable and she and Bod look very happy together. Can't wait for more stories!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Casey

Casey looks so innocent sleeping!!! Don't be surprised if Bob finds her irritating at times! That's what happened when our Samoyed Munchkin was older and we brought a puppy home. They did end up loving one another, but sometimes Snobear got on her nerves!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Casey looks so innocent sleeping!!! Don't be surprised if Bob finds her irritating at times! That's what happened when our Samoyed Munchkin was older and we brought a puppy home. They did end up loving one another, but sometimes Snobear got on her nerves!!
It is such a learning experience since we haven't had a puppy in 8 years. They are both great outside together following each other around and on my bed they cuddle but I noticed that he gets more irritated when we are all together.

Attachments

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Lexie..

It is such a learning experience since we haven't had a puppy in 8 years. They are both great outside together following each other around and on my bed they cuddle but I noticed that he gets more irritated when we are all together.
Lexie: I know what you mean about the learning experience. When we had a puppy it had been 8-10 years since we had one and I never realized how quiet two older dogs were, until we got a puppy and adopted an 18 month old dog. The furniture in the house actually shook, as they chased one another up and down the stairs. I called the rescue lady and told her I was afraid they were going to kill one another-she just laughed and said they were playing. They were playing.
The only time our Munchkin, who was 10-12 years old got irritated with Snobear, who was a pup, was when he kept barking in her face or jumping at her!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lexie: I know what you mean about the learning experience. When we had a puppy it had been 8-10 years since we had one and I never realized how quiet two older dogs were, until we got a puppy and adopted an 18 month old dog. The furniture in the house actually shook, as they chased one another up and down the stairs. I called the rescue lady and told her I was afraid they were going to kill one another-she just laughed and said they were playing. They were playing.
The only time our Munchkin, who was 10-12 years old got irritated with Snobear, who was a pup, was when he kept barking in her face or jumping at her!
This is actually my first puppy to train and take care of, I was only 12 when we got Bob so I'm learning but I'm loving every minute of it and it's so much fun to watch her explore, learn, and she is starting to find her voice. Bob is learning too which is pretty cool, he's learning how to have a little sister and deal with a puppy. She's a pain with barking and jumping at him and seeing Bob not give the reaction she wants. Its so weird having a dog that doesn't sit still after having two older dogs but it's amazing the impact she has had on after 2 days

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you really want to find out what she is, ask your vet about doing a DNA test on her. Our local shelter offers them - for around $50 I think. They just take a swab from their mouth and send it off!

She's adorable, and Bob looks so pleased in the first set of pictures!
I thought about a DNA test but I might wait till she's older to see if we can tell as she grows. Bob is coming around I caught them cuddling on the bed this morning and he slept close to her crate last night wish I had my phone to get a picture. Its going to definitely take time for him to get used to her and he may like her better once she mellows out a little.

1 - 20 of 1182 Posts