Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We Are Not Looking Forward To Putting Rolly,our 11 Months Old Golden In Boarding Kennels For A Week Whilst We Go On Holiday ,can Any Member Tell Me How He'll React And If He'll Be Ok ,he's So Loving He Hates Being Apart From Us ?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
See if the kennel will allow you to take some of his bedding. Then you can use an old towel or blanket and sleep on it for a few nights so your smell gets into it. That way he'll have your scent and not be so stressed. Also any special toys he loves (I always sent an inventory list of what I gave them at the time I dropped off the dogs) and of course the food he eats. Keep everything as much the same as you can. Believe it or not, he will survive probably better than you will. I do find that I have to bath or at the very least give them a good brushing to get the odor of the kennel out of their coats. Enjoy your holidays, leave them lots of contact numbers and plenty of food (extra is good) and the time will fly by.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE MOJOSMUM,I'TS STILL HARD TO LEAVE OUR BABY FOR A WEEK THOUGH ! WE WILL DEFINATELY TAKE SOME TOYS AND BEDDING FOR HIM THATS GOT OUR SCENT ON THEM.:crossfing PETER

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have a lady in our neighborhood who is just excellent with dogs.. so when we go on vacation, we pay her to pick up the mail and take care of the girls.. they get the same routine that way.. mine spend the night in the house and the day out in their kennels..

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Great! If you can get that then it's a bonus all around for everyone! Wish I could trust the people here to do that. :no: The farmer up the road got mad at one of his young dogs for chasing the turkeys so he hit her with a cane and broke Sadie's leg. She then bit him so he took her out to the back fields and shot her. Life is cheap for farmers, or so I'm told. That's one of the reasons why I want to move back to the city where folk are civilized (somewhat).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts