Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
I can only sit and shake my head at the number of recalls and lawsuits this company has had. Thanks for sharing.

·
Senior Royal Member
5,449 Posts
I wonder if Purina filed this one too?

Max

·
Registered
122 Posts
Okay, so does anyone have a large breed puppy food recommendation. The breeder recommended Origen but after about a month, my puppy started to not eat it. Our neighbor offered us some of their dog food to try and our puppy has been eating Blue Wilderness Large Breed Puppy ever since. But with this post I want to switch ASAP. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
I've been very successful with Pro Plan Large breed puppy.
Until the study on grain free food causing heart problems is concluded please steer clear of any grain free food that lists peas, pea protein, or legumes in the ingredients.

·
Senior Royal Member
5,449 Posts
After the Purina suit, on behalf of Blues ignorant customers, against Blue because of supposed lack of stated nutrition levels (according to Purinas analysis in their own labs), Purina forced Blue and other independent makers to add pea protean, and other things, to their grain free Freedom line of dog foods. Making it an allergen for Princess Daisy.

Max

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,528 Posts
Purina didn't force Blue to add pea protein, they forced them to produce a product that delivers the nutrients the bag says it contains. Blue and the others chose pea protein because it was cheap and didn't screw up their marketing plans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts