Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Duffy his first bath today and also introduced him to the blow dryer. He was a bit insane at first, but settled down after awhile.

However, I used my own personal blow dryer on the cool setting. There is no way this is going to work out when he is 5 times larger with 5 times longer hair!

The cool setting just didn't have enough blow to it.

Those of you who do your own bathing and grooming - do you have a special dog blow dryer or is there a more powerful human model that would work?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kris

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Everything that I have seen on the forum, is that a people hair dryer will take furever to dry a golden. The best thing to do is to get a dog dryer.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
In a pinch, and if you don't want to spend the big bucks for a dog dryer, you can get a vacuum that reverses, make sure it's clean and use that. It's not as great as a dog dryer, but it will get most of the water out of the coat.

Lana

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
What kind of dryer do you recommend? I just looked on-line and there are lots to choose from....any suggestions?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I am going to vote for the blue Challengair - it has WAY more power than the metro and I find it quieter too - if I had found this one first (I have owned 3 different HV dryers) it probably would have been the only one I bought - I do love my KoolDry but it is much pricer than the Challengair ($149.99)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts