Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first time on the website and first time with a new Golden puppy.

We've had our baby golden (Harley) for a week now, she is 11 weeks old. Out of her many many poops this week, there have been 3 poops with a little blood at the end of the poop. It's a light red color and it is not in every poop. Her poops are solid and get a little mushy toward the end. Not sure if this is due to her always trying to chew on woodchips/other sticks outside or if this is something to be of concern? She is eating the same food that she ate before we got her. She's still eating well and has an active and playful demeanor.

My initial thought is that she is being introduced to several new things this past week, so it could be nerves of all the changes.

Any ideas / help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
When you bring her into the vet for her puppy shots tell the vet. She may have a parasite or worms, which are very common in young puppies. When I first brought Ella home she did have solid poop, but she still had the parasites and worms. When she was having tummy problems in the fall she sometimes had a bit of blood in her poop. If I remember right the vet said it was inflammation in the GI tract (that's if I remember right).

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When we took her to the vet last week they checked her stool and said it was all clear so maybe something has changed since then.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Puppies are so susceptible to anything in their environment. Your pup could very well have picked up something in a week. Hope all goes well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts