Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a home visit today to make sure we were ok to take on rescue :) and they brought Blarney with them which they don't normanly do.

So far he is a good as gold he is fast asleep on the settee poor boy is so tied.

His birthday is 01.12.05 but thats about all we know about him and he is from Ireland like Daisy and Charlie.

He did have a little growl at Daisy because he was on the settee and Ray had been out with the girls and he came in and i think it made him jump.

He is very gentle with food and like my Daisy afraid to put his head in a food bowl not like Charlie she would put her head down anywhere to get food.

The plate on the settee was from our dinner not his LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Blarney welcome to your forever home I think all your dreams have come true, you will have fun and adventures abound with the best Mum and Dad a Pup could ever want.
Love the pics Maggie you and Ray are truly special (if slightly mad LOL) people.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
home sweet home for Blarney, he looks like he's settling in ok and not a OSH in sight anywhere, is this the new Maggie ??

Congratulations to both you and Ray on your new little boy !!

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Yep, he's made himself at home! Daisy do Do how cute to take him a chewy. Blarney you have found yourself the best home there is so.......................... no more little growls at Daisy. Looks like he wont need a bed Maggie, he seems to like the sofa. They are great photos. Looking forward to hearing how you all get on. Hope he's visitor friendly too!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
home sweet home for Blarney, he looks like he's settling in ok and not a OSH in sight anywhere, is this the new Maggie ??

Congratulations to both you and Ray on your new little boy !!
Ray moved it before he took the photos :)

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
He does suit your sofa Maggie and he looks well at home in the kitchen!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Congratulations to you and Blarney. it looks like he has made himself at home for sure. Seems like he takes up more of the settee than a little dog should...... maybe he is making sure the girls know he is there.

What's an OSH?

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He does suit your sofa Maggie and he looks well at home in the kitchen!

He is still fast asleep on there now :) the other dog he was in the rescue with was a very noisy dog and did nothing but bark in his face i think the poor lad needs some sleep.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations to you and Blarney. it looks like he has made himself at home for sure. Seems like he takes up more of the settee than a little dog should...... maybe he is making sure the girls know he is there.

What's an OSH?
Its a beer called Old Speckle Hen very nice it is as well.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome home Blarney. You look right at home with your family. Daisy and Charlie are going to be the best sisters you could ever ask for and so is your Mom and Dad. From now on life is filet mignon for you.
He is a real cutie and I can see why he stole your hearts.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His first night he was better than we thought it would be he slept on my bed for a couple of hours then he went and pinched Charlie's bed and Charlie slept on the bed i put down for him.:uhoh:

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Oh I loves me a little JRT! He'll have eveyone marching in line in no time! It will take him about a day to gather his feet and you will love him forever! And what a great name he has!

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Blarney looks like he has lived there all his life. What a lucky little guy to have found you. My brothers JRT went to the rainbow bridge just two weeks ago she was almost 17 years old.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blarney looks like he has lived there all his life. What a lucky little guy to have found you. My brothers JRT went to the rainbow bridge just two weeks ago she was almost 17 years old.
So sorry to hear that but she will be playing with my old JRT Tess she has been at the bridge for a while.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
What a cutie Blarney is, and boy did he hit the Lottery. He could not ask for a better home to go to.
Happy New Year...........
June

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Maggie, Blarney has great markings on his face. Looks like he is going to be your new hip hugger. And what great girls you have that they are going to share you both and your home with him. I look forward to updates.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why Blarney is lame

We had the paperwork from cork in Ireland today and this is why Blarney is lame poor boy.

X-ray of hips with Neuter is done.

Left leg significantly shorter than right leg and unable to extend much.
X-rays show old fracture of the pelvis and possibly poorly healed fracture of the femur.
Advice said metacam if necessary.
May require Excision/Arthoplasty/Amputation but should cope fine.
Poor little boy and he also came over with dental problems and a cough and contagious dieses but is now fine to re-home.
Not such what some of the words mean but I am sure Patsy (twinny41) will tell me.

But today he had very big zoomies all over the place you would never think he was lame !!!! he did have a couple of gentle growls at Daisy again but nothing much Daisy when we first got her used to growl at my Sadie but soon stopped

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Maggie, arthroplasty means a hip replacement, excision means, well cutting! Not sure why they would do that. Perhaps they mean the 3 things in the order they have written it. ie: excision to have a look, arthroplasty to repair and if all fails amputate! Actually he is a small dog so should cope fine unless his leg becomes a hinderance then it may be necessary to look into the options. Our Jess only had 3 legs and she did marvellously. But that really is looking on the bad side, just trying to say that even the worst outcome is ok! Patsy, when in a hole stop digging! Throw the shovel away girl!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Maggie Blarney is just perfect:) I had 2 JRT mixs when I was a kid - Timmy&Snuffy, they were such little characters....and high jumpers lol. Wish we could have a JRt just cant afford the insurance premiums:-( you're all very lucky. HAPPY NEW YEAR xxx

1 - 20 of 27 Posts