Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a site for Golden Retrievers but my hubby last night started speaking about black retrievers (I presume he is talking about a flat coated retriever).

So we are thinking of getting one as out second dog, we spoke to our vet today who said he can put us in touch with a breeder.

Does anyone have any experience with these dogs? My hubby seems to think it'll be a 'black version of Marley!' But I am guessing there is more differences than just the colourings, although I may be wrong!

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Flat Coated Retrievers

There are Flat Coated Retriever Rescues, too, and Flat Coats in shelters, too.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
There are a couple of members here that have flatcoat retrievers. Maybe they will see it. I dont remember who but just remember them in their signatures.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We adopted a Flat Coated Retriever/Border Collie (about 2 years old) from an animal shelter about a year ago, we just fell in love with him when we saw him! He was abused and was really shy and timid at first, but has since come around especially with our new puppy! He has turned out to be the best dog we could ask for! His name is Bear, here are some pics. Good luck on finding another dog!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bear is gorgeous! WE have been looking at some shelters, but can't find any in Argentina with a flat coated retriever.

If we were in the US I would definately get one from a rescue or shelter, as i have seen there are many needing families.

It looks like they are great dogs, so I am excited to get one a some point and I know Marley will love having a brother!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts