Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hawkeye the GR=fur nephew
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was brought up on another forum I am on.
Her dogs black lip it turning pink, well so did my Patches's lip. Here are two pics one from last year and one from today. Has anyone ever seen this before with your dogs? Patch will be ten years old in June. I figured the color changed due to old age. She has not gotten in to anything and the lip is not soar. I asked my vet about it when she was in for her dental in January and they didn't have much to say about it.

·
Maxwell & Ruby's PR Agent
1,024 Posts
I have not seen that... however My 9 year old cat's lips and nose has turned from pink to black over the years. I figured it had something to do with age.
....has your cat been kissing Patches!? :no:

:D

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Dogloverforlife

Dogloverforlife

I know that my Samoyed and Golden's noses turned pinker as they got older.
I think your PATCHES is such a beautiful and adorable dog!!

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not seen that... however My 9 year old cat's lips and nose has turned from pink to black over the years. I figured it had something to do with age.
That is what I am thinking. Old age.
....has your cat been kissing Patches!? :no:

:D
Lol thanks for the laugh Robert!

Dogloverforlife

I know that my Samoyed and Golden's noses turned pinker as they got older.
I think your PATCHES is such a beautiful and adorable dog!!
Thank you so much for the lovely comment. She looks so different with her pink lip and not black lip.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is exactly what has happened to Chance. I'm looking forward to other responses. I'm also thinking that it's old age, too.
Should I post it in general health forum even though she isn't a Golden. Just to see if we get more people to see it? I don't know how many look in the Other Pets forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts