Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm worried about my puppy. In the past few days she has begun to bite/scratch/itch herself almost nonstop. She sits down to scratch on walks, stops playing to bite her paw and wakes me up in the middle of the night with the sound of her leg thumping as she scratches. Also, she really likes to get down on the ground, with her belly on the floor, front and back legs sprawled out and "army crawl" around on the carpet.

I noticed today she has a red spot on her lower belly/leg which seems to be on its way to becoming a hotspot.

Is there anything anyone knows about why she is doing this? I haven't changed her food or anything, but we did recently get back from a 2 day trip, her first.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It sounds like it could be the beginnings of a staph infection. Sounds like a vet visit is in the works. It will take antibiotics to get rid of it. Also ask for the shampoo that helps sooth the skin. The Micro-tek is a really good shampoo if they dont give it to you. Good luck, my Bama had one when he was young and hasnt had one since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.