Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Bing and Natalie to visit Santa... Natalie is in the other pets section but here is Bings photo.

I didn't realize that we were taking Bing but the morning of the visit my husband says to me that he wanted to take Bing to see Santa so he could get a photo to send to Dr. Chick Weisse at the Animal Medical Center in NY... Bing was born with a liver shunt and severe Micro Vascular Disease... we got him back at age 4 months when it was discovered that he was sick.... we also learned that he was neglected during hte time that he was gone from our home. We were told he would live about a year with just medical management but that there was the potential for a normal life with an experimental surgery/intervention. To make a long story short

Bing had the procedure and he will be THREE the day after Christmas

The vets at the Animal Medical Center were wonderful and hubby wanted this photo to send to Chick along wiht a note saying thank you for saving our boy.... We don't know how long Bing will live... so far his bloodwork looks good but we know he has hundreds of Micro shunts... but he has lived longer than anyone expected and he continues to do great and thats all thanks to Chick.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,670 Posts
This picture of Bing is so very special, he's beautiful. I hope he continues to do well, each day truly is a gift isn't it?

An early Happy Birthday to your beautiful Bing.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
What a very special picture of Bing! Dr. Chick Weisse should treasure it almost as much as I'm sure you will!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope he likes it... they were so good to us when we brought bing down there and Bing is certainly a success story... I would think he would like to see the dogs that were so sick doing so well

·
Davina
392 Posts
awe what an awesome picture and such a handsome boy he is! I am so glad he is doing so well I am sure the DR will LOVE this picture!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
That's a great photo and a testament to devoted owners.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Beautiful picture. I am glad you have your boy back and wish you lots of good years together.

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
That is a great picture. Bing looks like he enjoys being next to Santa. Hopefully he will enjoy many more pictures with Santa in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts