Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to those who are keeping Bing and I in their thoughts. I havent talked much about Bing as I honestly didnt think anyone would really care... but thanks to those who have asked about him and are keeping him in their thoughts and prayers. He is a good guy and hopefully we can get over this hump and move on... He will have another iron shot to help with the anemia and he seems to be squeaking along... he actually is acting like a normal puppy but we know that something is very wrong, we just don't know what. We have some ideas based on the treatment and the changes that we see but regardless as to whether this is a severe bleed or a clot it is still very dangerous for him...

so thanks I appreciate those thoughts and the messages left on my back wall... it means alot to both of us.

S

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I can't imagine anyone here not caring about a dog or pup. I also think that some don't always make comments as you don't usually make a post asking for prayers and thoughts and we know you have your dogs back at all times.

I will keep you and Bing in my thoughts and prayers he is a beautiful boy.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
It is always terrible when you don't know what's going on, with humans and animals...good thoughts coming from CT, and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Good luck with Bing. You have certainly done all you can for him.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Please do keep us posted. Poor Bing... I hope and pray he'll overcome whatever this issue is. I hope the forum power of good vibes/prayers can help him.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I at times tend to avoid the "scary threads". They just hit me too hard and then I start worry too much about my own dogs.

Glad to hear he is acting like a puppy, and I'll send prayers in Bing's direction, and to you. I often think a lot of these illnesses are harder on the owner's, since the dogs do not know how sick they are.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't imagine anyone here not caring about a dog or pup. I also think that some don't always make comments as you don't usually make a post asking for prayers and thoughts and we know you have your dogs back at all times.

I will keep you and Bing in my thoughts and prayers he is a beautiful boy.
I don't usually post alot of this stuff.... I just feel like people have their own issues and own concerns... and its just one more health issue in our convalescent home here, I dont want people thinking... oh here we go again.

Bing has issues, I know that, I also know that we have done what we can for him and maybe a bit more... but honestly I adore this puppy. I tube fed him at 10 days old when he floundered and I became super attached to him, then sent him to a home where he was neglected and was thrilled when we got him back. I know I can only do what I can do but honestly the thought of loosing this puppy just freaks me out... as much as I know that he will probably not have as long as the other dogs, or that he has had more time than anyone thought he would have, it still upsets me just to think about not having him.

So yes all prayers and good thoughts are accepted gladly
S

·
Premium Member
18,405 Posts
I would never think oh here we go again. I'm glad he is feeling good, and I hope the vets figure out what's going on and find a solution. You have all my thoughts and prayers for your sweet boy.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Poor little sweetheart, he deserves EXTRA thoughts and prayers, so were are sending tons from California. He's in the best place he can be right now, that's what's most important. Is this the pup you thought had a liver shunt or am I mixing things up ??

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Thinking of Bing... Hoping he can pull through this.

Is he the one that had the liver shunt surgery?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I don't usually post alot of this stuff.... I just feel like people have their own issues and own concerns... and its just one more health issue in our convalescent home here, I dont want people thinking... oh here we go again.

Bing has issues, I know that, I also know that we have done what we can for him and maybe a bit more... but honestly I adore this puppy. I tube fed him at 10 days old when he floundered and I became super attached to him, then sent him to a home where he was neglected and was thrilled when we got him back. I know I can only do what I can do but honestly the thought of loosing this puppy just freaks me out... as much as I know that he will probably not have as long as the other dogs, or that he has had more time than anyone thought he would have, it still upsets me just to think about not having him.

So yes all prayers and good thoughts are accepted gladly
S
I often think these are the ones that are worth fighting for the most. I often believe that God or some other kind of fate gave them to fight this battle and survive for a specific reason.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bing is our puppy that has a shunt... he has a severely deformed liver (the most bizarre the nationally known researcher has ever seen) micro vascular dysplasia, multiple shunts and moderate to severe irritable bowel disease (diagnosed by biopsy) he had surgery 2 years ago to repaire the largest of the shunts and increase the back pressure going into the liver.... We were told that he would live a year.... and he is now age 3... but three is not enough... he is a great dog that has caused lots of problems and can be a huge putz but he has settled down and has become a great dog. Does he have issues (he really does have some cognitive issues) but I just adore him so yeah he is hte one with health issues.

We think that this either a severe GI bleed and is bleeding internally... OR he has a blood clot somewhere that was not obvious on the ultrasound. We are treating right now for the bleed but hte blood work is getting worse and worse.... he was borderline anemic last week and had pretty significant abdominal fluid... now he IS anemic and we are treating that... I feel like we are chasing symptoms....

he is stressing me out....

I need ot go and get my hair colored so I can hide all the grey he is giving me

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
A bit of a problem child and health problems.:heartbeat
No wonder he has you wrapped around his paw.;)

It's always been the ones who need me most that hit me the hardest. I'll keep you and Bing in my thoughts and prayers.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Do you think that herb they give for Hemangio bleeds might help ???

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
Thoughts and prayers from us. You both have a very special bond. I hope they figure out the problem very soon.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I'm so sorry. I hope you get some answers soon.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
As Claire's mom suggested, are you willing to give Yunnan Baiyao a try? A lot of the integrative and/or holistic vets swear by it, and they've had some good results with it in hemangiosarcoma.
It's sort of a "what have you got to lose" proposition at this point.
Just some background information, they say it has been shown to reduce post-operative bleeding and to treat IBD.
Yunnan Baiyao - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As Claire's mom suggested, are you willing to give Yunnan Baiyao a try? A lot of the integrative and/or holistic vets swear by it, and they've had some good results with it in hemangiosarcoma.
It's sort of a "what have you got to lose" proposition at this point.
Just some background information, they say it has been shown to reduce post-operative bleeding and to treat IBD.
Yunnan Baiyao - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Yes I am willing to give that a shot... do you have dosages for a 63 pound golden... is there anything I need to know about the herb and is it available at my local food coop do ou think????

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Shalva, i am so sorry to hear about the problems that Bing is having. I can't imagine him being in a more loving and caring family. Sending big hugs and prayers to you both. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I believe you can order it on Amazon. The dose should be on the package, but I think they told me to give him one pill per day, regardless of his weight. There is also an "emergency" pill in the package, the holistic vet told me that if he was having a major bleed I should give him the emergency pill, and then 1/2 hour later give him another emergency pill if he still seemed to be bleeding out.
I will try to find it on Amazon and get you the link. Hopefully others will chime in here, I know several of us have had it recommended by our vets for bleeding.

Yes I am willing to give that a shot... do you have dosages for a 63 pound golden... is there anything I need to know about the herb and is it available at my local food coop do ou think????

1 - 20 of 41 Posts