Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got bing to the hospital this morning at 8.... he was third in line for surgery and got into surgery at around 3:30 when I got a call from the researcher who stated that they found two small masses on his larynx.. they didnt appear cancerous but none the less they opted to biopsy them... at that point they proceeded wtih the surgery... what we know about bing is that the liver works on back pressure and because of the severity of the defect bing has no back pressure this causes him to have no arterial blood flow to his liver and the only cleansing his liver is doing is through the portal system and then very little blood actually gets into the liver.... The goal of hte surgery was to create back pressure so that the arterial blood goes into his liver and cleanses his blood then a stent and coils would be put into the largest of the multiple shunts that he has to occlude the shunt and help the blood move into the liver and get cleansed.

We had blood work done last week that was virtually unchanged from July blood work we were told this was GREAT news and very positive... they went in and successfully removed the masses... they successfuly created back pressure and they successfuly began the process to occlude the shunt by adding the stent and coils. He is in ICU tonight and we wont hear anything unless something happens until tomm. morning hopefully he wil lbe moved out of intensive care tomm. and onto the general ward and then home friday night or saturday if all goes well... we will come back for a follow up in a month and we will begin the process of weaning him off his medications.... if this continues and he continues to do well and doesn't develop more shunts or portal hypertension... then wthis should give him a normal length life or significantly improved over what he has now...

so we are not out of the woods yet... but surgery appears to have been successful and now we just have to wait and see....

so thats my update...

My husband and I and Bing thank you for all of your good wishes and prayers....

S

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
oh sending your good thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I hope you can get a good night sleep as well.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I just posted on the other thread looking for an update. So far so good it seems. Be sure to update us tomorrow. We're all pulling for him.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Lots of prayers coming for an uneventful and complete recovery for Bing. What a trooper he is ( you too). BE WELL BING!!!!

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
All sounds like it's going in the right direction so far !!! Thanks for the update .

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
We are keeping the positive thoughts and prayers coming to Bing for a good recovery and good results on the biopsys.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Keeping fingers crossed for Bing, good wishes on their way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts