Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Glad to hear he is getting better. I totally hear you about not switching anything for fear of making it worse.. Hopefully he will better with the fluid gone and maybe the suppliment with help with the taste of the cardboard..

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
What a difference...he must feel better without all that pressure inside him. It would be interesting to know how much weight he lost, it must be a tremendous amount. I hope you work things out, it is always horrible not to know what is best.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
So he is already eating some raw food (when he steals it) and he is O.K.? I say just mix a bit into his HA food. I would say it was worth a try, he can't continue to be malnourished and the sooner you start to get him eating the better it will be for him. Just start gradually so you can tell if he starts to have a negative reaction. At this point it seems to me the vets are actually guessing as much as you are.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So he is already eating some raw food (when he steals it) and he is O.K.? I say just mix a bit into his HA food. I would say it was worth a try, he can't continue to be malnourished and the sooner you start to get him eating the better it will be for him. Just start gradually so you can tell if he starts to have a negative reaction. At this point it seems to me the vets are actually guessing as much as you are.
I agree nobody knows what is working we have some ideas but nobody knows for sure... I think you are right... I will add a little bit or even a little bit of the can and see if that helps

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've often read your posts and updates on the gorgeous Bing without commenting. He truly is a special boy. I have no advice but just wanted to say how special it is you have each other. An amazing dog and an amazing owner. I keep my fingers crossed that Bing's health continues to improve and your love and devotion is rewarded.

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Bing

Please keep us posted on how Bing does with the weight tomorrow and if he eats better with a little mixed in. What a beautiful boy he is!!

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
I can't get over the difference/improvement in Bing's physical looks since the fuild is gone. WOW!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts