Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here tomorrow night. More than 40 neighbors expected. So I'll be off the forum for most of today and tomorrow. It isn't that I'm not interested, I just need to make up for all the time I HAVE BEEN on the forum instead of cleaning! :eek:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I hope you have a great party with lots of hands to help you in the clean up! Give Penny a head rub for me and tell her no jumping on and off the bed! K

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Enjoy the party. And dont party too hard.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
:DUh oh!!! Did Penny's mom survive the party??? :party::listen::gotme::roflmao::cavalry::drummer::love:

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, guys, yes the party went off well. Had a huge turn out and everyone had a good time. We were up VERY LATE!!! Now I have to burn up a few extra pounds! No kidding, a few snacks and BOOM: 3 pounds. Probably all the salty foods and water.

Penny got put in the laundry room with a baby gate from about 2 in the afternoon until most of the people had left. I think it stressed her a lot because Sunday she was very quiet, not her usual playful self. But she was good as gold. She asked a few times to 'let me out' and only one sharp yip then just watched over the gate. People were astounded that there was a dog in the house. She was even quiet when they visited over the gate with her. Of course I had her little cookies right there and would give her one every so often. When I let her out, it was just our closest friends left and they all loved her and don't mind dog hair. We decided that she couldn't come to the party because of the dog hair on people who might not like it AND because I was afraid someone might fall over her and get hurt or hurt her.

Sunday I got in a short ride on Harry. It was sunny and not too cold. He really seemed to enjoy it, no putzing around with me. Then Ikea yesterday to get a chair for the sewing machine and one for Penny's Dad's computer. Nice stuff there!

Today is my last day of 'work'. Penny's sister is off work until Jan. 3 so she will do the barn cleaning. My poor back really needs the break; I can't stand for more than 10 minutes and now can't bend over and lift anything. Feels like my whole back should be black and blue and green. But, in our house, if you can saddle up and get on: you're fine!!! :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Oh I hope your back feels better and take it easy! You do not want to be out of commission during the holidays! It sounds like the party was very successful and a good time was had by all!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Kim. The back thing is chronic since I was 13 and the scoliosis started to curve things up. I need to step up the heat, the massages and the pain management.

Funny thing, tho. I had a nice little ride on Harry on Sunday afternoon; only about 20 minutes or so. I don't remember hurting while I was on him. ;):smooch: He's good for what ails me!

·
Registered
200 Posts
It’s wonderful to hear that you party was a ripper! I bet you are a wonderful hostess! And what a doll penny was been so well behaved behind her gate, glad to hear she was getting lots of treats! It's rather considerate and honorable of you to section Penny off from the party people. I am afraid I am not that considerate, if people coming to our party's that don't like dogs that's fine, our little bear won't bother them (I think the difference in attitude is a generational thing, don’t think that means I think there is a wrong way and a right, just each to their own). Sasha always seems to know who to go visit and who to ignore, so it’s not an issue if people don’t like her. We are also very lucky most parties in oz can take place outside, then moving inside later and the majority of party's the little bear is invited inside or outside (obviously not formal going our parties, but she did go to a friend’s cocktail party recently, she was rather unimpressed with her dress!). Do you think you will let Penny out when you have future big parties, or will it always be too dangerous / stressful?

Oh sweetheart I can almost feel how you back is suffering. Is it at the stage where you walking all stiff and upright? During my yoga meditation I'll send you some positive healing energy, to help with the pain!! A hot bath and beanie is always helpful and a good rub to get rid of that feeling that you back has turned into a plank of wood! I know you have done so amazingly wonderful staying off pain meds, but do you take an anti-inflammatory? I so wish I was like you and was able to go without pain meds, but my back is extremely damaged. If I showed you an x-ray you would die or not believe it was real. I haven't seen anyone who is able to look at my x-rays and not go into shock horror! Even if I utilized a wheelchair it would be impossible to deal with the pain! Plus I would be forced into removing a section of my back and putting in a femur. No matter what there will be future surgery, but I'm waiting for improved technology/options. The medical industry have are now utilizing artificially built vertebrae discs, so when they can artificially replace 7 vertebrae I will be happy!

How do you go with the horse riding and your pain management? I would have thought it would cause a lot of pain, because it is high impact. Do you just grin and bare it or is it a matter of your able to block the pain, because your focused on the joy and challenge of riding?

Sorry wanted to let you know I was think of you and sending positive and healing energy. but I ended up dribbling on about myself! The funny thing is I don't really talk about my back ever, only with my boyfriend.

Also I wanted to ask how old is you beautiful girlie?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts