Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this thread because of another thread that was talking about what toys are best for a golden puppy. I think it would be helpful to new dog owners and everyone if people would post what toys they like best for puppies and adults. Pictures of the toys would be great too. If this thread works out maybe it could become a sticky. So post your favorite toys. :)

·
& Golden Roxy And Roo To
2,023 Posts
Amazon.com: Kyjen Egg Babies Dog Toy, Original Series, Platypus: Kitchen & Dining
Id have to say this one has gotten used the most. We have a few different creatures ;) and though she doesn't play much with the animals she loves the eggs....each comes with three eggs that fit inside the animal, dogs are suppose to figure out how to get them out. They are great to toss around and very easy for the dogs to catch because they are so light weight. Each egg has a squeaker. We just bought little Roo the frog today ;)

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I loooooooooove Kong Wubba Friend toys - well... perhaps I should say that Flora loves them. I bought her the grey bunny one a long time ago (we call it her squidbunny since it looks like a bunny had babies with a squid) and she just loves it to death. I've finally broken down and ordered another one off of Amazon because her current squidbunny is beginning to see its final days.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
My Golden's favorite toys are
1) the prerequisite AKC stuffed mallard with squeaker - he never squeaks it and he has the same one since he was 10 weeks old and is now 4 years old. It's still in one piece with all the stuffing and his go to toy. He must nap with it.
2) A stuffed lamb, fox, and polar bear with squeakers that are never squeaked
3) Empty water bottle
4) Tennis balls - what better object to play fetch with
5) Tug toys that are made of a rope and ball
6) Nina Ottesen games

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,279 Posts
Life is all about the ball for my Remy-he is tennis ball obsessed to the point where I have to put it away in order to get him to eat or at bed time.

He also likes his Kong and I picked up a Chuck It Bumper to take to the beach. He also has a great time with it at home too-it has a rope and he takes it by the rope and whips it around.

Both of my goldens LOVE their stuffies, rarely do they destroy them, but once in a while they do.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I usually buy what ever is on clearance. I dont have dogs chewing up the toys. I have some AKC duck stuf toys they look like real duck only furry istead of feathers. chuck-it stuff anything I can find in that area.

·
Kate
21,060 Posts
Well... first, these toys work for my guy. Might not be the same for other people's dogs, but you know. :)

<- $5.95 Duckworth squeaky stuffy from valley vet. I have no idea why, but these toys last longer than some of the other stuffies I've bought for Jacks that cost $10-20 more. :uhoh: And it was the same thing way back when our Sammy and Danny were sharing toys. They loved their Duckworths and had one that lasted a few years.

Floaty monkey from valley vet. I bring this with when we go swimming. It floats and is waterproof and is made of a heavy duty type material that doesn't shred that easily.

<- THESE THINGS ARE FABULOUS! They are stuffing free squeaky toys. Basically feels like a plastic water bottle with the stuffy toy covering, except it squeaks and crackles. I bought one for Jacks from Target ($8.00) a few weeks ago and it's still intact and untorn.

<- For puppies. We got one of these for Jacks when he was a pup. We would keep it in the freezer and give it to him when he needed to chew. $2 from Petsmart.

<- We had one of these too. Again, kept it in the freezer.

<- Remember, latex toys a long time if you have a dog who shreds. I couldn't find the exact toy in the catalogs I browsed, but I have a weird latex and rope squeaker toy that has been around since the boy wunduh was a pup.

<- Cuzs are fun. :p:

<- Every dog needs a rope toy. It's a requisite. They like playing tug (with other dogs) and they like shaking them and hitting themselves in the face.

<- And while browsing the toys at Petsmart, I kind just ordered this for my guy. Because again it is something he can "shake".

<- And my guy loves his squeakie kong balls, even if he has zero appreciation for any other kong products.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Elliot and Roxy's favorite toys:

Kong air dog family
Kong snake
Cuz family
Floppy flyer
Tennis balls

·
Registered
983 Posts
I thought I'd bring this thread back!

Here are some of Lily's favorite toys

Hartz Precious Pals Monkey (she sleeps with this every night like a pillow)
Walmart.com: Hartz: Precious Pals Dog Toy, 1 Ct: Dogs

JW Hol-ee Roller (she will play with this thing for 30 minutes straight with treats in it)

http://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Company-Hol-ee-5-Inches/dp/B0002DJX44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312803778&sr=8-1

Dogzilla Twin Rope Tug (she LOVES playing with this with my aunts Golden/Lab mix, Bear. They wear me out when I play tug-o-war with it)
Walmart.com: Dogzilla Twin Rope Tug For Tough Chewers Dog Toy, 1ct: Dogs

JW Ruffian Bear (this is her all time favorite! Bear also has one and she was always stealing it, so I ordered her one, and she LOVES it!!)

http://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Ruffian-Bear-Dog/dp/B0040U3DRS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312803854&sr=8-1

And, of course, the KONG classic.
http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Classic-Kong-Dog-Large/dp/B0002AR0I8/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1312803926&sr=1-2

Attachments

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
At almost 17 months Jaro is still chewing things a lot. He has destroyed many a dog proof toy including cuz and tuffys. Nothing on mine except towels which he likes to steal and chew. He has not hurt any of the kongs but he only licks the goodeis out, not chew on them. He has not destroyed his antlers.

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought I'd bring this thread back!

Here are some of Lily's favorite toys

Hartz Precious Pals Monkey (she sleeps with this every night like a pillow)
Walmart.com: Hartz: Precious Pals Dog Toy, 1 Ct: Dogs

JW Hol-ee Roller (she will play with this thing for 30 minutes straight with treats in it)

http://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Company-Hol-ee-5-Inches/dp/B0002DJX44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312803778&sr=8-1

Dogzilla Twin Rope Tug (she LOVES playing with this with my aunts Golden/Lab mix, Bear. They wear me out when I play tug-o-war with it)
Walmart.com: Dogzilla Twin Rope Tug For Tough Chewers Dog Toy, 1ct: Dogs

JW Ruffian Bear (this is her all time favorite! Bear also has one and she was always stealing it, so I ordered her one, and she LOVES it!!)

http://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Ruffian-Bear-Dog/dp/B0040U3DRS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312803854&sr=8-1

And, of course, the KONG classic.
http://www.amazon.com/KONG-Classic-Kong-Dog-Large/dp/B0002AR0I8/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1312803926&sr=1-2
Your pics are sooo cute.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Lola has a whole lot of toys..... but the one that stands out and seems to be holding up the best is the rubber KONG frisbee. It seems to be indestructable thus far and she loves chasing it even more than the balls.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Scout at 12 weeks is in LOVE with his little Zanies elephant squeaker toy...
Amazon.com: Zanies Itty Bitty 3.5 In Teeny Elephant: Pet Supplies he makes it squeak and runs around everywhere... I know he is going to out grow it, so going to have to figure out a slightly larger replacement soon!
AND this...[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kyjen-Plush-Puppies-Water-Bottle/dp/B0024EG6A8/ref=sr_1_18?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1319339336&sr=1-18[/ame] you stuff an empty water bottle inside (I deflated it half way and then put the lid on tight)- and he goes CRAZY chasing it around making it snap crackle and pop!

He also likes his bear Kong Wubba, his antler, and the fleece braided rope I made him.

He enjoys the puppy kong, but only if it's stuffed with wet dog food, and this:
Amazon.com: Ourpets DT-10504 Smarter Toys IQ Treat Ball, Large, 5 Inches: Pet Supplies treat ball- I haven't added the white insert yet- just put food and a couple of small treats in there.

So far he's not a shredder, so our stuffies (mostly Zaines- gifted to us), are holding up well after a week.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts