Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There Golden Lovers,
My husband is finally coming around to getting a robotic vacuum cleaner since we just recently found out that he is highly allergic to dogs. It was a very slow manifestation of his symptoms that did not really show up until 8 months after we got our golden who is now 15 months and is a shedder...he's doing a bit better ever since I got a better ($64) brush that picks helps me get to the bottom of his coat. But, still, we see fur balls all over the place....I can't keep up! There are so many options for robotic vacuums and really, really expensive...anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

Bruno's Mom

·
Registered
808 Posts
I just got the iRobot Roomba 7+ and I like it. I have two Goldens so I run it everyday and it’s helpful. It’s great on my hardwood floors and gets about 80% of dog hair off my area rugs. I still run my real vacuum once a week. It’s very user friendly with the Ap on my phone.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I have 2 Roomba i7+ (with the trash dock) for our 2 levels of the house, they've been running everyday for a year. The mapping has really improved from previous generations and it's good to have the vacuum running everyday, for the sake of my allergies. When there is a lot of shedding (the first 2 days after a bath), there's so much fur that the vacuum will leave little clumps of hairballs on the carpet, and I'll have to pick these up. You do need to check the rollers at least once a week to check for long hair or fur that gets caught, because long hair tend to wrap around the roller and then will cut into the foam, and eventually it'll need to be replaced. We have the golden and 2 cats, and I change the vacuum bags about every 2 months so reasonable bag cost I think.

I still need to go around with the hand vac (Dyson Animal) to get the stairs, corners, underneath bookcases, etc., and of course mop to get the muddy footprints and water slobber on the floor...but having most of the floor vacuumed daily is really nice. I still find random fur , but they're probably from my clothing :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts