Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We would like to use potty training bells when our new pup comes home in late March. Reading Chewy and Amazon reviews have not helped much in steering me to the best choice on which ones are the loudest so they might be heard from another room. Anyone have any suggestions on what you like best?

Registered
We used the one from Amazon. It worked great while she was a puppy - we live in a 1 bedroom apartment though. Once she graduated from the crate at night to the bed (5/6 months old), the bells would wake us up most of the time. Just keep your eyes on him/her and keep to a schedule. Now shes older and has other ways of letting us know she has to go. She pretty much stopped using the bells on her own around 10 months. Shes pretty much like clockwork too - we take her out at the same times every day and we haven't had an accident since 10 months.

Registered

Debbie624
My puppy and my previous golden would take the bell off the hook and prance around the house with it in their mouth. I love the idea of a bell though if you can find a way to secure it to the wall. Good luck.

Registered
We use the Go Go Bell from https://www.amazon.com/barkOutfitters-Doorbell-Housebreaking-Housetraining-Training/dp/B00R6RHH7O/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3RL97PDJ0SG54&keywords=gogo+bell&qid=1581857784&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=Go+go+be,pets,179&sr=1-4

I have been using this for four years, though this is our second bell. Our second puppy was an enthusiastic learner and broke off the base during early days of bell training.

Both dogs alert us with the bell, but will also ring it if one of my sons has gone outside to play without them.

Debbie624
We use the Go Go Bell from https://www.amazon.com/barkOutfitters-Doorbell-Housebreaking-Housetraining-Training/dp/B00R6RHH7O/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3RL97PDJ0SG54&keywords=gogo+bell&qid=1581857784&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=Go+go+be,pets,179&sr=1-4

I have been using this for four years, though this is our second bell. Our second puppy was an enthusiastic learner and broke off the base during early days of bell training.

Both dogs alert us with the bell, but will also ring it if one of my sons has gone outside to play without them.
Thanks, that is an awesome bell. Coco is potty trained at this point but its a great bell for those who have younger puppies. I love that this is nailed to the wall. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts