Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
a new day everyday
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Was just wondering, what are the best over-the-counter de-wormers and flea-control products out there.

Have any of you had experience with flea-collars? If yes, how effective are they, and which ones are the most effective?

Also, what are the best products, to take care of his teeth and ears?

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
As far as flea collars, never had luck with them years ago.

The best over the counter flea preventive in our experience: Frontline Plus. Many people think it's a prescription medication but it's not--they even sell it at Costco!

Edit, just saw you are from London, so I'm not sure what your country's rules are on OTC meds, etc.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
As you're not in the US... I don't know if it's the same or not...

But here there are guarantees with products that will NOT be accepted unless the product is purchased at a vet clinic. There is also the potential for flea products purchased at grocery, discount, or pet stores to NOT be what the box says it is. A friend of mine who works at a vet clinic has seen some of this first hand, resulting in the product not working to serious injury to death of the pets.

Discuss this with your vet!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have never had luck with flea collars. I had a vet tell me a long time ago the only good use for a flea collar is in you vacuum cleaner bag as it will kill any fleas that are vacuumed up, but on the dog it will only keep fleas and ticks off their neck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts