Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering changing my flea control to K9Advantix. My two goldens are currently on Frontline Plus and I would love to have one that repels mosquitos. We have a huge problem with mosquitos this year and I know my 6 month old pup is getting bit as his hair is still pretty short.

Does anyone have good/bad experiences with K9?

Thanks!

·
3 goldens
11,789 Posts
I have been told by a number of people that the mosquito stuff only lasts about 2 weeks. Down in this neck of the woods---the Texas coast--Frontline doesn't work for fleas and I put my girl on Comfortis for fleas. Luckil we do not have a problem with ticks as it does not work on ticks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the Dallas area and we have a tick problem anytime we go hiking so tick control is very important!

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
I use K9Advantix on Misty..I live in CA but kind of new here..the vet recommended this product..seems to be working great, although we dont go into the woods.

·
Retired bum..........
1,105 Posts
I used it for a few years and it worked great. But last summer it just wasn't as effective so my vet recommended Comfortis and it works great for fleas. But as previously mentioned, does nothing for ticks. I do apply Bio Spot a couple of weeks after giving her Comfortis as it does have tick protection. So maybe it helps a little, but it didn't do much for fleas. I only use it during the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts