Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
With summer approaching I was curious what the go to shedding brush is for GRs. I'm sure one size does not fit all but I was curious to get opinions none-the-less since this will be my first summer with a GR and I'm sure I'll be brushing more than I have with previously with labs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
When Denver starts to blow his coat (he's already blown his coat early this spring) I take him outdoors and use an undercoat rake to get all of the shedding undercoat out. It is CRAZY the amount of hair that comes off of him. You'd think I was de-shedding a malamute sometimes. Other than an undercoat rake I use a slicker brush daily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I take our dogs to our local groomer for a de shedding treatment and blow out when I notice they are blowing their coats. Then I follow up by several times a week brushing my dogs. It makes taking care of their hair very manageable before starting this routine the shedding was a little overwhelming.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I used an undercoat rake, this one is a double but I have only used a single. I also use a slicker brush and a greyhound comb. Those are the only ones that I have used so far.
Jules
Rake
Slicker

Comb

·
Debbie624
359 Posts

·
Debbie624
359 Posts
Ok thanks that is good to know. I had not heard that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts