21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really like my Shark vacuum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Deebot worked for me but not sure that it will work for everyone.
Most probably every one recommends deebot for pet hairs. Hope it helps
Do correct me if i am wrong

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,136 Posts
Deebot worked for me but not sure that it will work for everyone.
Most probably every one recommends deebot for pet hairs. Hope it helps
Do correct me if i am wrong
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with the Deebot brand, actually I've never heard of it before.

·
Gabby
123 Posts
Love our Dyson V8. The turbo setting with heads for either hardwood or carpet means I can switch between surfaces easily and not damage our hardwood. Love that it can become a hand-vac when I need to do stairs or the car easier! Charges quickly. I do wish I could use it while plugged in though... that's my one complaint about it. But the battery lasts a while if not on the turbo setting. Turbo is just about 7-8 mins of power. (Enough for our carpeted areas!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a Simplicity Premium Synergy. It has two motors and sucks up everything with ease. It's not quite as powerful as my central vac but comes closer than anything else I've tried. I bought it because we have some very thick carpet in some areas and I couldn't find power vacuum head for the central vac that adjusted high enough to not suck down into the carpet and stop the brush. This one has a big height adjustment range. It runs circles around my old Dyson which has been demoted to our shop building. I usually only use it on the carpets but will use it on my hard surfaces (I have wood, tile, and area rugs as well as carpet) if it's out and I am too lazy to bring out the hose for the central vac. I also have a Simplicity A go-go, which is a cordless stick vacuum. It works great for quick pickups as it just sits in the corner ready to go all the time. It has no problem sucking up hair and my nemisis, cat litter. Instead of a brush, it has little blades that seem to work on cat litter much better.

My advice is go to a specialty vacuum store, talk to them, and try out their vacuums. The Simplicity upright is expensive but worth it to me. I prefer vacuums with bags as they trap in the dust and particles much better. I have heard Shark's are great for the price if you don't want to spend a fortune.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's like an iRobot/Roomba but a different brand. I almost bought one on Black Friday as Target had them for $150. Like iRobot, there are many different models.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Feels like that was a marketing post. First post, revives a year old thread, little-known brand... :uhoh:

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had a Dyson Animal years ago and gave it to my son. I replaced it with a Shark and two years later went and bought another Dyson Animal. I have a mixture of carpet and hard wood, a little bit of brick flooring and I love it for everything. My house has central vac but that just isn't worth the time. I even bought the new little hand held dyson (rechargeable) with the carpet end and I use it everyday on my area rug in the family room. I love my dogs but like a clean house too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Combination of iRobot Roomba for the whole house, and cordless rechargeable Dyson for touch ups, cover all the surfaces in our house (tile and carpet) done with dragging any vacuums behind me forever :)
Both have hepa filters and judging by the pile of hair coming out of the containers thye are doing a pretty good job.
BTW have an old Kenmore in the basement and every time I empty the containers I vacuum the filters, the idea of vacuuming the vacumcleaners seems a bit silly, but its fast and clean.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Miele Cat and Dog. We have the older version of this:
Brilliant.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The Miele( Orange cat and dog) has a flaw, the powerhead is junk, hard to clean fur from brush. Replacements are 45 bucks. Sebo makes a power head that’s easier to clean. This is my second Miele. The first was a great vacuum 3 goldens 15 years. This one is getting traded in for a Sebo. I like the power head design, sturdier and much easier to clean.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Anybody have a GREAT vacuum cleaner for picking up dog hair? I've tried a Eureka and a Kenmore. Not happy with either one. Thanks.
I have a shark and it does a fantastic job. After I’m done I simply pop off the canister empty it and it’s read to go again. Many attachments to get under couches, chairs etc. I think I paid 2 or 3 hundred so not terribly expensive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anybody have a GREAT vacuum cleaner for picking up dog hair? I've tried a Eureka and a Kenmore. Not happy with either one. Thanks.
I have and love a Dyson. They are costly. But mine is 16 years old. I've had it cleaned and serviced once. Miraculous! And...I bought it on overstock.com long ago, $100 cheaper than retail

I'm sure there are other really great vacs now. Get one with an exterior canister. You'll faint when you see it full, daily.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
We just got a Sebo last week. Expensive but so far so good. Access to cleaning the brush is a definite asset. Will hopefully last longer then the Kenmore cannisters we've had and the "pet" uprights that were horrible.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts