Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all use? I'll admit, I take Tazzie to the groomers, so I've never really invested in a good brush, just use whatever I have to brush her in between groomings. But I want a nice brush. A good one that I can use on almost her whole coat. I don't want a different one for her ears, body, but feathers, etc. Does such a thing exist? That I can use everywhere?

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
I use a pin brush. I also have a slicker brush, but I find I can get through all of Quiz with just the pin brush.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a comb - and the only one I found that works - I don't know the name of it. It is shaped like the furminator - but the teeth are farther apart. Dusty has a very thick wavy coat and it's the only thing that works on him.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just found one on that Cherrybrook site. It's called an undercoat rake. Awesome comb ! It probably doesn't work to get the top coat smooth and silky, but like I said - he has thick wavy fur - so I guess it would depend on what type of coat your dog has.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I ditto the Chris Christensen brushes. My most used brush is the 27MM Oblong Brass Fusion Brush. It feels wonderful brushing my own hair with it, ha! I also have the 27MM Oval Pin Brush and use it some. The comb I love is the Chris Christensen buttercomb all coarse teeth. However, don't get one of the colored buttercombs because they feel very rough on the ends.

·
2,309 Posts
http://www.chrissystems.com/brushes.htm

I love their pin brushes. There is a good guide to which brush will be best for your needs. I will say that I now have the wooden pin brush and love it for use while blow drying.

During a moment of temporary insanity at Eukanuba, I bought the Chris wooden pin brush. It was $40. After walking away from the Cherrybrook booth I thought "am I nuts, I just spent $40 on a brush for Augie?" :doh:

Luckily, we both really like this brush. It just glides through his hair, gets the same amount of hair out as the regular cheapo pin brush but no pulling.

Great recommendation.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, so out of all the CC brushes, which one would work best? The 27MM pin brush? Exactly which one? Because there are several and I can't really tell what the difference is between the $50 one and the $22 one.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what was the pin size?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts