Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best kind of brush to have on hand just for every day brushing? Like, to get dirt out, or that lovely dried spit from where they were wrestling?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
our everyday brush (we have several-one in the car, one on the deck, & one in the grooming box) is a pin brush with bristles on one side. it works great for a quick detangling after a swim & the bristle side is nice for caked on mud!

like this one...

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
For that type of work I use a bent wire slicker brush on the boys. I also keep several so I have one at hand when the boys come in caked with mud. My number two tool is an undercoat rake with the stiff teeth for getting the undercoat and mats out.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Pin brush for daily stuff... wire slicker for finishing work.

·
Too addicted to this site
265 Posts
For that type of work I use a bent wire slicker brush on the boys. I also keep several so I have one at hand when the boys come in caked with mud. My number two tool is an undercoat rake with the stiff teeth for getting the undercoat and mats out.

Ditto.

I've got a pin cushion brusg also, but it doesn't get hold of that soft undercoat nearly as much as the slicker or comb.

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
What is the best kind of brush to have on hand just for every day brushing? Like, to get dirt out, or that lovely dried spit from where they were wrestling?

Zoom groom made by Kong. Max uses it as a chew toy when I'm brushing him with another brush, so it's pretty indestructible, and it does the job. Plus, it's pretty cheap!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts