Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Hah, yeah, Flora would do that too when wearing an e collar. She'd plunk her butt down all of the sudden and just stare at nothing. I felt so bad for her.

No worries Bella, it's only temporary!

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Awww that is so sad..at least it wonn't be forever. She will hopefully just get used to it and move on...or you won't need it anymore. We left it off Koda unless we weren't there to watch her.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Poor Bella!!! It's almost like she is embarrassed. What a sweet baby.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It came off so she could nap. But that sucker will be on when we're at work tomorrow, so she better get used to it then! She's mad at me lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She tried to jump on the couch, but she hit it with her collar and looked so pitiful. I'm trying to keep her from jumping but she doesn't want to listen.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They didn't even want to give us one, but I said Bella will lick that wound as soon as she gets the chance. We weren't even out of the vet's office before she started licking it. It will be one when she's being naughty or when we're at work.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Wow, you've been dissed! "If I can't see you, you're not there". Poor girl. Penny was scared to death of hers so we traded it right away for an inflatable one. She wasn't thrilled with that either. (for her ACL repair).

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
awwww, I can't heeeeaaaarrrr you!!!! Me No Likey Mommy right now!

Don't worry, she will get over it and be all better again soon....

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
when it is on, feed her bits of yummies....and then place pieces on the floor in a "Z" pattern for her to vacuum up...when they start getting the hang of how to pivot their whole head and not just there eyes to see peripherally, they move around with more confidence..
They do make see-through versions that are to be tolerated much better...

·
Registered
106 Posts
They make a collar with a function similar to the e-collar, that just keeps them from bending their neck enough to lick. Don't know much about it, or whether dogs would tolerate it better. Here's one:

BiteNot® Collars for Dogs - Pet Supplies, Pet Supply, Pet Dog, Dog Supplies, Pet Products, cat supplies, fish supplies, dog food, cat food, pet dog, Care A Lot Pet Supply

also a flexible comfy-collar:

http://www.carealotpets.com/Products/The-Comfy-Cone__17041b.aspx

or inflatable collar:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4237585

·
Registered
110 Posts
Poor Bella! She will get used to it. The first day Bailey hated it, she would just sit in random places and freeze. When she did walk around she crashed into everything! We take it off when we are home and put it back on at night for bed or when we aren't home and she doesn't seem to mind. It is day 6 though. The other night, we came home and somehow the collar was halfway off...lol. She's always making things interesting, like on day 2 when she decided to start jumping...

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Basil loves her inflatable donut. She will rest her head on it when she sleeps.

Reactions: LibertyME

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Awww, poor baby! It's funny how turning your back means the same thing in any language ;)

When my Wheaten Terrier (many years ago) had to wear an e-collar, he used to walk up to a wall and get stuck. He could not figure out how to back up, so I'd be doing stuff around the house and come into a room, and there Phineas would be--glued to the wall, face first :doh:. I'd guide him away, and he was always so relieved.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bella's Mom

I know how much they hate the E-Collars, but learn from my mistake. When you can't watch her every second, while sleeping, napping, at work, make sure you leave it on her. When Tucker was neutered I took it off at night and found out he was licking and chewing while I was asleep. He got an infection and had to be on antibiotics and I started making him where the E-Collar 24/7!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts