Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bella and Tucker are romping as I type. It's gotten so I hardly notice what they're up to unless it's too quiet or they smash into my leg or chair. What a great idea a second dog was... Tucker is in absolute heaven (except when she has a bowl of kibble and he's finished his! ;) ).

Right now they're doing bitey face. A while ago it was tug of war. The only noise is heavy panting, thumping, and the occasion (play) growl.

My floors are much dirtier, but the dogs are much happier, thus the humans are much happier. Life at the "dawg house" (as my family now calls it) is fine... :D

took some video tonight... will upload it tomorrow and share.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Tucker and Bella look like they are great playmates. I agree having two goldens are really great for each other.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thanks for sharing and great video! I am actually really glad you shared that because my last dog was unable to play with other dogs due to his health problems, and as I am sitting here waiting for a golden puppy, I've often wondered if I will be able to tell the difference between "normal" play and when it starts to get too rough. I plan on socializing my puppy from a young age and want him to be able to play with other dogs, and so I appreciated seeing this video as it is a good indication of what "normal" play looks like.

I am also really glad Bella is doing well! I've been following your story and have much admiration for you for taking her in...she's one lucky dog!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing and great video! I am actually really glad you shared that because my last dog was unable to play with other dogs due to his health problems, and as I am sitting here waiting for a golden puppy, I've often wondered if I will be able to tell the difference between "normal" play and when it starts to get too rough. I plan on socializing my puppy from a young age and want him to be able to play with other dogs, and so I appreciated seeing this video as it is a good indication of what "normal" play looks like.

I am also really glad Bella is doing well! I've been following your story and have much admiration for you for taking her in...she's one lucky dog!
Thanks! The normal play makes a lot of sense once you see it a few times. It can be quite rough, and sound really ferocious. There are other videos and photos of GRs playing bitey face on here, and it's fun to look at them. I do think each dog breed has its own particular play style, and it's a lot of fun to watch two GRs go at it. They know what's acceptable and what isn't. It gets dicier when two different breed dogs are playing when they are unfamiliar to each other. Tucker plays very well with boxers; Bella so far is terrified of them. And yet it's all play...

·
Cooper's mom
349 Posts
Cooper and I watched the video together. Your pups are so cute! Cooper enjoyed the video too...he watched for a little while from where he was sitting and then he came up closer and licked the screen :). He wishes he could play!

·
Registered
586 Posts
oh, Kathleen! I haven't been out here in forever! Some family health issues have kept me busy, and 2 golden "teenagers" to boot, but his video made me smile--2 goldens for you? How wonderful! thanks for sharing! I'll be catching up in the next few days--this looks just like Maya and Payton!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts