Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is one thing that I have learned about myself from being on these forums is that I know who I am as a person. I know more than anything that I love animals, all animals(especially sweet goldens). I found myself wanting to help every animal rescue I can, whether it be donating, volunteering, or buying products. I even click the link that Kim has on her signature every day to help animals get food. This is who I am.

I have also realized that not everyone feels this way, and that is fine. I work with numerous people who don't like animals and that is fine. There are so many people who think I am crazy because of how I treat my dogs, and they tell me "they are just dogs". Does this bother me, yes, do I wish they had a different perspective, yes, but they are who they are. All I can do is educate them and then leave them to make their own decisions.

I don't know why I felt I needed to post this, maybe because over time I have read some disturbing things, whether on the news, or on the forums and I just need to put myself in check that not everyone can think the same way I do. I guess it helps me to feel better about certain situations. Sorry for babling.:eek:

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checking in and Wow! The bottom line is, "It's all about the dogs!" Wrap them in your love every moment you can. None of us knows when that moment will end.
I totally agree with you on that one! My dogs are my world, along with family and friends too of course. But man, the best part of my day is when I go home to them and the love you get in return, nothing beats that, nothing!

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
I totally agree with you on that one! My dogs are my world, along with family and friends too of course. But man, the best part of my day is when I go home to them and the love you get in return, nothing beats that, nothing!
I'm waiting right now for hubby and Putz to get home from work - I love when I go out to greet them and I get a big ROO ROO from Putz - and a good face lickin'!!!!!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Checking in and Wow! The bottom line is, "It's all about the dogs!" Wrap them in your love every moment you can. None of us knows when that moment will end.
I totally agree. I love my husband,family and friends but the love of my 4 legged animals is what makes me feel whole.

·
Dylan's Mom
21 Posts
What a relevant post to my day today. I cancelled a trip this weekend because Dylan started having some stomach problems, to sum it up in one word- diarrhea! After lining up the pet sitter, packing and preparing for a weekend back home... I couldn't do it. I told my husband to go ahead without me and I'll reschedule my trip another time. I just couldn't leave him here with the pet sitter only stopping by for 30 minute increments. What if it didn't go away & he really started having serious problems? So, after a trip to the vet for some medication, here we are, just me and my boys with a weekend to ourselves. Had I gone, I would have worried the entire time. I learned today, my dogs are my life too!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
My dogs always amaze me. They are the brightest light around. I know people think I am nuts for devoting my life to them, but I really don't care. They deserve the BEST I can give them...lots of love and attention. A swimming pool and cookies never hurt their feelings either!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a relevant post to my day today. I cancelled a trip this weekend because Dylan started having some stomach problems, to sum it up in one word- diarrhea! After lining up the pet sitter, packing and preparing for a weekend back home... I couldn't do it. I told my husband to go ahead without me and I'll reschedule my trip another time. I just couldn't leave him here with the pet sitter only stopping by for 30 minute increments. What if it didn't go away & he really started having serious problems? So, after a trip to the vet for some medication, here we are, just me and my boys with a weekend to ourselves. Had I gone, I would have worried the entire time. I learned today, my dogs are my life too!
I would of done the same thing. I am going away this weekend as well, and believe me if one of the boys got sick I would be home to. I am having a hard enough time leaving them with my in-laws.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I always knew I was an "animal person" but its only after having gotten Bailey that I've realised how much of one I am!! Alot of my priorities have changed and I now put someone else before myself when making decisions.
I was always jealous of people who were really passionate about something, whatever it was, since I hadn't found my thing that I was passionate about and would fight for.

I've found it now!! I really want to get more involved with helping dogs, and other animals, in some way shape or form.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always knew I was an "animal person" but its only after having gotten Bailey that I've realised how much of one I am!! Alot of my priorities have changed and I now put someone else before myself when making decisions.
I was always jealous of people who were really passionate about something, whatever it was, since I hadn't found my thing that I was passionate about and would fight for.

I've found it now!! I really want to get more involved with helping dogs, and other animals, in some way shape or form.

Isn't that a great feeling!:)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i have to admit, i am so totally devoted to my girls. earlier in life when working with clients i always talked about my human kids, now they are grown and i tend to talk about the furkids which most people seem to enjoy.i do have friends and family who have rolled their eyes, so i don't talk about the girls with them anymore. i don't understand how some people don't like dogs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have to admit, i am so totally devoted to my girls. earlier in life when working with clients i always talked about my human kids, now they are grown and i tend to talk about the furkids which most people seem to enjoy.i do have friends and family who have rolled their eyes, so i don't talk about the girls with them anymore. i don't understand how some people don't like dogs.
I totally agree with you! Summer is my very first dog and I had always kind of avoided the "dog" world. I think is was because I knew so little about dogs. Now, experiencing the utter joy of having such a beautiful animal love and adore you, is beyond words. I have no regrets about spending the time and money to heal my beautiful, sweet, loving Summer Lynn. Other people just don't know what they are missing!!!

·
3 goldens
11,787 Posts
It is sad that so many people never know the love a dog gives. My Mom always told people that i said "woof woof" before i said mama or dada and she should have known then how much i would love dogs.

I have said before that i always put my Hunter's picture on my slot machine and the number of people who stop to comment on what a beautiful dog that is is unreal. Many, many times i have gotten to warn them about proheart6 or the 12 month version if it does come onto the market here--in fact any heartworm preventative injection.

Last night a lady sat down next to me, commented on Hunter and i asked her if she had dogs and she said she had lost her Catahoula (?) leopard dog about 8 months ago. Before we knew it were were both in tears talking about our beloved dogs.

Some would think we are nutty (several times i have shared tears with one over our dogs as we sat at slot machines), but those are the people who have never known the endless love of a dog, the friendship, the adoration they give, or felt one at their feet as I feel my KayCee right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts