Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bogey's Mom posted this on FB today. It's been making the rounds of some sporting dog online communities over the last week or two, and I figured I'd post it for our folks. I thought it was an extraordinary piece of writing.

It's going around without proper author attribution, so I wanted to make sure the guy who wrote it got credit. I was able to contact him directly and verify that it was, indeed his, so if you pass it along, be sure to include his name. He's Garret Booth of Grey's Outfitting in Caratunk, ME.

Before I grow too old to hear, please let me listen to your bell. Before you grow too old to hear my whistles, please grace my coverts like a white ghost blurring past my young eyes. Before I can no longer slide uphill of your high headed point with the ease I do now, please let me run afield with you. Before you too, are too old to run, please let me see you dance in front of me, with nothing else in focus but the happiness in your dark eyes.

When I must stop to hear your footsteps, the song of tin hanging from your neck, I know that I am growing old. When you no longer hear my hips and whoops and hups—I know that you too are growing old. But let us grow old together my friend, for I have let many lives slip by without savoring as I should. Let us drive, knock around, and chase a few birds—before we are both too old.

-Garret Booth

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
absolutely wonderful!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
would someone pass the tissue....

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
This reminds me of my mother's favorite song to play on the piano:
"When I grow too old to dream, I'll have you to remember, when I grow too old to dream, this kiss will live in my heart. So kiss me my dear, and so let us part, for when I grow too old to dream, this kiss will live in my heart". Kind of reminds me of the kisses my avatar golden angel, Sandy, would give me.
beth, moose and angel

p.s. not quite the right lyrics, after i googled it, but the way i remember my mother singing it.

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
I cried over Finn when Bogey'sMom shared that. It is so good.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
So beautiful! Thanks to Tippy for finding the author. He deserves all the praise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts