Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined awhile ago and had asked the question about how it might be to have 2 female goldens already, 5 and 6 years old and we were considering adopting a 3 year old boy whom the owner had to leave for an overseas long term job assignment.

Well that fell through and we did not get the chance to adopt him. Believe this or not, his owner decided not to take the job, in this economy of all things because he just could not part with his golden. We thought that was cool. It's such a strong bond isn't it?

So. Yesterday we went and seen our new baby boy who is 4 weeks now and coming along just fine. We are going through a small reputable breeder here. Both mom and dad we know real well. And great. So were hoping we can;t lose on this young guy.

It's sucks waiting you know. It's been awhile since we had a puppy around here and were readying for battle. LOL.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome,
I am sorry that you didnt get the grown up boy but I am glad that his Pop loved him so much he couldnt part with him. To bad more people arent like that. But maybe it was meant to be for you to get this little guy. Just think of all the fun you are going to have. Catch up on your sleep now and read up in the puppy section because once he gets home he will keep you busy.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I joined awhile ago and had asked the question about how it might be to have 2 female goldens already, 5 and 6 years old and we were considering adopting a 3 year old boy whom the owner had to leave for an overseas long term job assignment.

Well that fell through and we did not get the chance to adopt him. Believe this or not, his owner decided not to take the job, in this economy of all things because he just could not part with his golden. We thought that was cool. It's such a strong bond isn't it?

So. Yesterday we went and seen our new baby boy who is 4 weeks now and coming along just fine. We are going through a small reputable breeder here. Both mom and dad we know real well. And great. So were hoping we can;t lose on this young guy.

It's sucks waiting you know. It's been awhile since we had a puppy around here and were readying for battle. LOL.
Welcome Back? I do not remember your initial post. Sorry.

I too am waiting for a pup (lab) we get to go pick her up on Saturday. She is in MN we are in MI, I know what you mean for the wait. I have started looking for my next golden. I hope she joins us in about a year whomever and where ever she may be coming from.

Welcome back!
Ann

1 - 5 of 5 Posts