Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since I've been working everyday for almost a week, and I know Beau hates being left at home, I decided to reward him for being so patient and being a good boy. So when I got off work today, I headed to Petco (Didn't have time to go home and get Beau, so I went by myself) and bought him some new stuff. :) Here's what he got: His first deer antler, Peanut Butter flavored Kong filling and a neat chew toy, and a Tug-o-war Toy!! (And a book of tricks, but he doesn't get to have that one!)

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
nice i bet he's happy. i have a rope for Levi but i didn't think it was good to play tug with a dog? or they wont drop a toy for you

how does he like the Kong stuffing? i just use real peanut butter

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno, but he loves tug of war. I'm planning on making it clear that he's only allowed to do that with this specific toy (which I bought because he was trying to play tugowar with his regular toys). So far (tonight only) he hasn't had any problems with the drop it command.

He likes the kong stuff a lot, it seems more than peanut butter. He gets all the peanut butter off/out of stuff really fast, but he's been trying with the Kong stuff for almost an hour. It's definitely keeping him occupied.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
nice i bet he's happy. i have a rope for Levi but i didn't think it was good to play tug with a dog? or they wont drop a toy for you

how does he like the Kong stuffing? i just use real peanut butter
It's an old school of thought that playing tug with a dog is bad. It's a good way to teach give or drop it. If you follow the rules (using a specific toy, you being the one who starts and ends it, etc), playing tug is fun for both you and the dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts