Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More great news tonight! Beamer rocked out the Canine Good Citizen test tonight! He was so perfect! I am so pleased!!

Way to go Beamer boy!

Tonight has been so wonderful (for those who didn't read it yet, I got an interview at the Missouri vet school!)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Congrats on both of you! Hope your interview goes well!

·
Cooper's mom
349 Posts
Yay! Congrats on all accounts!!! Cooper is SO far from his CGC but I hope some day he will get there :). If you have any tips, please share! We hope to take the class next summer....just taking our 2nd set of obedience classes now.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
You guys are on a roll!! Awesome!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Sounds like a very good day. Congratulations to both of you. Good luck with the interview.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yay! Congrats on all accounts!!! Cooper is SO far from his CGC but I hope some day he will get there :). If you have any tips, please share! We hope to take the class next summer....just taking our 2nd set of obedience classes now.
We have taken it twice prior, so don't be discouraged if you do not pass the first time. Also all evaluators are different, so if you don't like the first try a different facility. And also be sure to practice the 3 minute out of sight. I had no idea Beamer would FLIP out the first time we took it. We have since practiced and he did it perfectly.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
CONGRATS To You Both :D

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Yay Beamer Boy!!! I am so proud of you and your mom Jessica she is going to rock that interview.

And also be sure to practice the 3 minute out of sight. I had no idea Beamer would FLIP out the first time we took it.
Or they could be like Jige and lay down for a nap and NOT notice when you come back...:( yep made me feel loved.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
It's a good luck day! Good luck with your interview!!

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
great job on both counts! Hope the interview goes well!

·
Cooper's mom
349 Posts
We have taken it twice prior, so don't be discouraged if you do not pass the first time. Also all evaluators are different, so if you don't like the first try a different facility. And also be sure to practice the 3 minute out of sight. I had no idea Beamer would FLIP out the first time we took it. We have since practiced and he did it perfectly.
Thanks for the tips! I will keep all of that in mind.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for the support! Beamer had taken it twice prior so I guess the third time was the charm! Very proud of him. Next up in that regard is the TDI test (which was being offered at the time, too) but I knew he wasn't ready. I don't know anything about the TDI test but it sounds like they are going to have a workshop sometime in the spring for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts