Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking for a puppy, I wanted something with energy and drive. Something that had some "bounce" to it.

I just found Flip standing on my countertop. My six month old, 35 pound little puppy leaped onto my 36 inch countertop (yes, I measured).

Guess he won't mind the short obedience jumps he'll have to do. If I can keep him from ruining his hips before then.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
LOL That sounds like counter surfing to the max. It sounds like you have quite an athlete there. Agility would be a perfect outlet for that energy.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did he get anything good ? :)
Yep, his dinner was up there. I put the bowl up there because with typical two foot counter surfing it would have been out of his reach. I guess I'll have to start using the top of the freezer to keep his food safe now.

Oh great, while I was typing he just chewed a chunk out of my blinds. I've got to say, as much as I love this little guy, I am quite over my puppy fever that I had for so long.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Looking forward to lots of stories on your quest for titles!
And repeat after me "The crate is my friend. The crate is my friend."

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
When looking for a puppy, I wanted something with energy and drive. Something that had some "bounce" to it.

I just found Flip standing on my countertop. My six month old, 35 pound little puppy leaped onto my 36 inch countertop (yes, I measured).

Guess he won't mind the short obedience jumps he'll have to do. If I can keep him from ruining his hips before then.
Yes, I've had the same experience....mine jumped up on the counter to hang out with the cat....<sigh> I should have known - he still likes to sleep on the coffee table.

E

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
if you search thru the old threads, you will find an amazing one with photos of a bunch of people's goldens up on their tables!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, I'm used to the table thing. Colby's been doing that forever (although he does need a chair to help boost him up there) and Flip started to do it at 3 months. But I never considered him getting on the countertops. Totally shocked me.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Gilmour is actually allowed on the coffee table. I can't bend down or be on the floor to groom him because of my back, so he was trained to use the coffee table as a grooming table. It's a large, wood table 3 foot by 5 foot, and one of those office type carpeted mats fits on it perfectly.

It does, from time to time, create issues at someone elses house when we visit though LOL! I just tell them to make sure there is something on the coffee table :)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Gilmour is actually allowed on the coffee table. I can't bend down or be on the floor to groom him because of my back, so he was trained to use the coffee table as a grooming table. It's a large, wood table 3 foot by 5 foot, and one of those office type carpeted mats fits on it perfectly.

It does, from time to time, create issues at someone elses house when we visit though LOL! I just tell them to make sure there is something on the coffee table :)
mine do the same thing. Noah will get right up on a coffee table. Scout likes to lean across with his but in the air and feet on the floor.

That is some counter surfing...

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And the adventure continues...

When Flip came running up towards me and jumped up, I figured he was aiming for his favorite spot next to me on the couch. But nope, he sailed OVER the couch to the floor on the other side.

If only I could have about 2% of his energy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts