Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
OMG that sounds like so much fun. We would go for sure, but J and I have a B and B booked for the weekend on the coast. Sadly, I just found out that we have parvo and dog flu going around, so no beach time for us . :(

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly, I just found out that we have parvo and dog flu going around, so no beach time for us . :(
That is so scary! There was a 2 yr. old Dane on my other board that just passed from parvo. He had all of his vaccines, was a healthy dog at a solid 165 lbs., but still succumbed to the disease in a matter of 2 days. His owner is in complete shock. Very, very sad. :( Parvo is horrible...

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I know !! Of course J has all her vaccines and a bunch of people are saying "oh she should be fine , you should go". Sorry , "should be" is NOT good enough here. It's just not worth taking the chance. We just had a whole bunch of dogs get sick from the last dog show they were at. :(

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry , "should be" is NOT good enough here. It's just not worth taking the chance. We just had a whole bunch of dogs get sick from the last dog show they were at. :(
I'm the same way...I don't go to dog parks, I don't allow them to "meet" dogs I don't know, it's just too risky to me. Although, we've probably brought home parvo more times that we could imagine. Anytime you go to pet shops, parks, anywhere other dogs may have been, you could track it home on your shoes.

But still, I don't take any unnecessary risks other than those that are unavoidable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts