Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does the time go? It seems like I just brought my golden boy home from the breeder and now he is 6.5mos old already. I have to say that he is the easiest pup I have ever raised. He does two things I dont care for counter surfing(only if he is hungery so I started breaking his 2 meals into three) and he likes to dig in the cat box he is getting better about this. Other than that he is perfect. He is a joy and I hope he didnt spoil me for when I get another golden in a few years.

Here are some pictures of my boy from today.

The last two are my APBT Vendetta and BaWaaJige both are waiting for me to throw their tennis ball and dokken dummy. LOL

·
Registered
586 Posts
What a handsome boy! It is amazing how fast they grow up--one day the puppy face is gone, and you are looking at a teenager! Sounds like you have a great pup on your hands, if you are only struggling with a bit of countersurfing and litter box exploration. Maya is, unfortunately, one of the most challenging of all the pups I have raised. But, I wouldn't trade a moment of this puppy stage for anything--she has me smiling and laughing everyday!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to tell you all I was a bit concerned when I read this forum and all the troubles these golden kids can cause. I was ready for it and it never happened. He has not chewed up anything I dont crate him at night never have he rides perfect in the car and is so smart. Man I love my boy.

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Beautiful - they are both beautiful! And you are right, not all golden pups are mischief makers :)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone! :D. I think Jige is so handsome I have to pinch myself sometimes cause it seems like a dream. Thank you for the kind words on my Vendetta girl. I know that not all of you care for the pit bull so it is nice to see you think she is pretty too. :D

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Both are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for looking!!! My boy is laying at my feet right now. Tonight he crawled into my lap for a few minutes he is getting kind of big for that but he is still such a pup.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
He is handsome !

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thank you everyone! :D. I think Jige is so handsome I have to pinch myself sometimes cause it seems like a dream. Thank you for the kind words on my Vendetta girl. I know that not all of you care for the pit bull so it is nice to see you think she is pretty too. :D
He's beautiful! And so is Vendetta! I love pit bulls. My brother has a pit bull mix, and he looks just like your girl, and he is one of the sweetest dogs EVER! My brothers girlfriend at the time, got him the puppy for Christmas 08, and my brother was NOT happy. He didn't want the responsibility of a dog and spent little time with him at first and the dog was never trained and lived outside. My brother moved and decided to spend more time with him and keep him inside. And he is perfect! No accidents in the house, he doesn't chew anything up and he's calm and loving. You would never know he spent his first years outside with hardly any attention.

I think pit bulls are great! It's really sad that they get such a bad reputation.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Love seeing pictures of your boy and have always thought he has such a stunning face. He is growing so fast. Great pictures of him and your pit, look like great buddies.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
He is growing up into a handsome boy!!!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Aww look how big he is now! Soo handsome!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,608 Posts
Thank you so much for looking!!! My boy is laying at my feet right now. Tonight he crawled into my lap for a few minutes he is getting kind of big for that but he is still such a pup.
My boy still climbs in my lap every night, if he didn't, I would really miss it.

Jige is becoming such a handsome boy, he sounds great.

Vendetta is a pretty Pit, I think how any breed is raised is what makes the difference.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He's beautiful! And so is Vendetta! I love pit bulls. My brother has a pit bull mix, and he looks just like your girl, and he is one of the sweetest dogs EVER! My brothers girlfriend at the time, got him the puppy for Christmas 08, and my brother was NOT happy. He didn't want the responsibility of a dog and spent little time with him at first and the dog was never trained and lived outside. My brother moved and decided to spend more time with him and keep him inside. And he is perfect! No accidents in the house, he doesn't chew anything up and he's calm and loving. You would never know he spent his first years outside with hardly any attention.

I think pit bulls are great! It's really sad that they get such a bad reputation.
I got Vendetta as a christmas gift in 08 too. I am glad that your brother discovered how great these dogs are. I love their personalities they are such clowns. Vendetta makes me smile just as much as my boy Jige.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts