Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stinky...a.k.a. Our Penny...needs another bath. I want to do it myself. She doesn't have any skin problems so I was wondering is I could use some lavender 'people' shampoo on her.

We usually use no-more-tears baby shampoo but only for washing off deer poop. We generally send her to the groomers but it's been less than 2 months since she was groomed so I thought I'd do it myself. She smells like a pair of old barn boots...been rolling in the horse poop again. Guess I rather just have her eat it. :doh::yuck::uhoh:

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
the few times I've used people shampoo, i have used a 10 parts water to one part shampoo mix, herbal essences lavender gives a fabulous coat and a lovely smell lol

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was going to dilute it just to make it easier for rinsing. Now all I have to do is come up with a lot of towels to minimize the shaking. LOL

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I use dog shampoo but I use pantene conditioner and they smell fabulous, and the smell stays for a long time.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Although an occasional wash of a "people" shampoo should be a problem I would not use it regularly. Dogs and people have different PHs and thus the respective shampoos are formulated differently. Interesting enough though if you see "Mane and Tail" products they seem to work eqaully well on dogs and people while being formulated for horses originally.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
No I don't dilute it but I don't use a lot either. I only use it on my golden and my beagle. My lab mix has sensitive skin so I won't risk it, but the other 2 have never had an issue with me using it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts