Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Batching it with the boys

494 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  goldensrbest 
#1 ·
My wife is away for the weekend doing her sheep thing at Rhinebeck. So at home it's just me and the boys (Tadcaster, Barley, Kazoo and Tully, plus Nasdaq the big black cat), tending the sheep, chickens, and angora rabbits. The weather is horrible -- high 30s with wind-driven rain and occasional wet snow flakes. On the plus side, if I throw the frisbee just right it gets carried by the wind several hundred yards down across our meadow!

Evenings are nice with all of us gathered in front of the woodstove doing the grooming thing, then settling into bed. Kazoo, my year old gentle giant, stretches out full length on one side with his massive head on my shoulder. Tullamore the smallish field golden of 10 months, curls into my other side. Barley stretches out across my legs at the foot of the bed. Only Tadcaster, who is acting Alpha, sleeps on the dog bed on the floor near the bed; he has his personal dignity to consider.

Now and then it's nice to have them all to myself! :)

#2 ·
Sounds like a great weekend!
Weather can't completely dampen the fun, makes for great snuggling time.
I'm sure the boys are eating up all the attention during the bachelor weekend.

I'm sure your wife is having a great weekend too.
Will there be room for your wife when she gets back?
Sounds pretty full.
Karen

#3 ·
Oh - sounds like heaven!!

I love, love, love cuddling on a cold evening with the dogs. Darby is the best blanket ever, soft, warm, cuddly and oh so very lovable. Mellie will even curl up with him and me on a cold evening. Kirby prefers to sleep at my feet but if it's really cold she will join the gang only DH is left "out in the cold"!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.