Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few months off from agility We enjoyed a great three day trial over the holiday weekend, but boy am I tired! We drove north 2 hours each morning, then back home after the trial! It was a huge trial with 80 dogs in Mira's Exc 20" class and I think around 30 dogs in Barley's 24" class.

Barley had a great time, qualifying in 5 out of his 6 runs with one 2nd place. He picked up another 2 double-q's and 61 points. I am starting to feel like we are closing in on his MACH. We need 2 more double-q's and 84 points... whew! Our only mistake this weekend was entering in the wrong side of a tunnel in jumpers.

Mira was great as well, but only came home with 1 MX leg and 1 MXJ leg. We experienced two runs where we knocked the last bar and second to last bar... DARN! And two, OOPS bad handlers runs, again of course near the end! She was so darn close to her first double-qs and running SO fast. While no placements, her times were always in the top of the pack. I was incredibly proud of her. We also got our official measurements (both judges were VMOs) and she measured in at 21 7/8" So will be staying in the 20" class, YAY!!!

Another fun part was getting to meet some new Golden people from Northern CA, whose dogs are relatives of Mira. It was really fun to see all of the very fast Goldens who were running this weekend.

Videos

Mira, Two Jumpers Runs (Only people left for 20" Std were running)

Barley, all 6 runs (long)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wow, that's so awesome! That MACH will be here before you know it!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Congrats on a great weekend Jessica!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your MACH!!!! Wish I could be there to share in your glory when it happens. Just a little to far.

Ann

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
That is sooo cool! Way to go, Barley and Mira (and Jessica)! Yep only one or two more shows and Barley will be MACH. (I'll watch his runs when I get home tonight).

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Congratulations and good-luck on getting your MACH.

My neighbors run their shelties in agility. Couper is working on his 6 MACH. Is was great watching your video and seeing a larger dog run. He looked so graceful.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
WOW!!! That was awesome to watch, they burned up that track:)

·
Registered
13,732 Posts
Very nice :) And I am sooo jealous of your wearing shorts in Feb and being able to run your dogs outside <sigh>

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice :) And I am sooo jealous of your wearing shorts in Feb and being able to run your dogs outside <sigh>
Thanks! It was pouring and cold the weekend before, and its raining now. We got lucky for the three days of the trial and the weather was REALLY nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts