Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you following the Barley countdown to his MACH we got Double-Q number 15 this weekend! Yay! Barley qualified in 3 of his 4 runs and picked up 44 points. He had 2 4th places and 1 third. Woo hoo! I am so proud of my boy, he has been running like a rock star! :yipee:

Here are Barley's current stats: 15 Double-Qs (need 20) and 532 points (need 750), we also got some more points toward qualifying for the AKC Agility Nationals, we only need 14 more points to qualify!!! SOOOO close!

Barley also got the Excellent Level High in Trial (it was the Golden Club trial), it was close, going to yards per second! Go Barley!

I am also thrilled to say Mira earned her first Exc A JWW (Jumpers with Weaves) leg!!! Woo hooo!!! She had a great, fast run and everything just came together.

Sorry, no pictures or video :(

But here is a Barley agility picture from earlier this year

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Congrats! Wow.... you're sure getting close to the MACH! Super fun!

Hey are you around next weekend? I'm going to be in Ramona for a lure coursing trial. If that's not too far from you, maybe we can meet for dinner or something!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Wow.... you're sure getting close to the MACH! Super fun!

Hey are you around next weekend? I'm going to be in Ramona for a lure coursing trial. If that's not too far from you, maybe we can meet for dinner or something!
Thanks! I know, I am getting super excited! :)

I am going to be doing agility up in Walnut on Friday and Saturday, are you staying in Ramona? It would be kinda on my way home... That would be fun!

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
I'm staying in Escondido, and driving down Friday after traffic.

Motel 6
ESCONDIDO
900 N QUINCE ST
ESCONDIDO, CA 92025

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
Congratulations Barley and Mira! Pretty soon you'll have that MACH in no time! =] Keep on truckin' along! You'll get there! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yay, congrats! :D It's so cool how close he is to qualifying for Nationals! He's doing awesome!!!

·
groobie peese n da lobe
10,181 Posts
Congratulations. I wish I knew more about this so I could really have a better understanding about what this means, the level of accomplishment etc....BUT, I do know it is big! Of course it is, we are talking about one of YOUR doggies!

That is a fantastic picture!!! Congrats again.

XO

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,691 Posts
Woo-hoo! Sounds like an exciting weekend.. congratulations!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Geez, I don't know how in the world I missed this one yesterday evening, HUGE congratulations to you guys!! Love the photo, too!!!
I'm counting them down with you, very excited for you. When's the next show??

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Geez, I don't know how in the world I missed this one yesterday evening, HUGE congratulations to you guys!! Love the photo, too!!!
I'm counting them down with you, very excited for you. When's the next show??
Yay! Thanks :)

Next show is this Friday and Saturday. It's a three day show, but we decided to just enter two days. After that our next will not be until Nov 21/22.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
YEAH BARLEY!!!!!

:woot2: :woot2: :woot2: :woot2: :woot2: :woot2:

OH I am getting excited. Surely you can get 14 more points before the 30th of Nov!!! Congrats on another QQ!!!! You are getting so close you must be very excited.

Now I know NO ONE can plan these things but have you thought about a trial it would be fun to MACH at? Not trying to jinx you for sure, I just know around here there are some rather than others it would be fun to do it at. It better be a club who has COOL ribbons!!!!

I am rooting for you Barley and Jessica!!!

:crossfing :crossfing :crossfing

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OH I am getting excited. Surely you can get 14 more points before the 30th of Nov!!! Congrats on another QQ!!!! You are getting so close you must be very excited.

Now I know NO ONE can plan these things but have you thought about a trial it would be fun to MACH at? Not trying to jinx you for sure, I just know around here there are some rather than others it would be fun to do it at. It better be a club who has COOL ribbons!!!!

I am rooting for you Barley and Jessica!!!

:crossfing :crossfing :crossfing
Oh my gosh, my stomach just did a flip when I read that. I am not kidding.... My brain had not even processed that far...

Most of the trials here are under the same trial secretary, I have never paid much attention to the MACH ribbons, but I am sure they are ALL pretty! Our local Golden Retriever club has trials coming up Dec 5/6 and another Jan 23/24.

Thank you! I am so glad I have people here to share with!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
WOW!! Totally awesome weekend, CONGRATULATIONS Barley, Jessica and Mira! Sorry I missed this yesterday, we picked up Doo yesterday and I didn't get on the computer after we got home.

So close, I can hardly wait for the MACH celebration, we need to throw a virtual party. Where are you going to put the jump bar?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Beautiful job! To get any championship--MACH, OTCH, CH, CT (have I left one out?) is an incredible accomplishment, and a wonderful goal. You are just so there--so close. Continued good luck and clean runs (and fast ones too!) and go get 'em!!!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW!! Totally awesome weekend, CONGRATULATIONS Barley, Jessica and Mira! Sorry I missed this yesterday, we picked up Doo yesterday and I didn't get on the computer after we got home.

So close, I can hardly wait for the MACH celebration, we need to throw a virtual party. Where are you going to put the jump bar?
Thanks! This is just so much fun! I am so happy to be sharing this! Oh my, there is another one... Not sure what I will do with the bar... It's going up somewhere!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Beautiful job! To get any championship--MACH, OTCH, CH, CT (have I left one out?) is an incredible accomplishment, and a wonderful goal. You are just so there--so close. Continued good luck and clean runs (and fast ones too!) and go get 'em!!!
Thank you, this has been amazing for me, quite the journey. Barley and his brother Sammy are my first dogs. I never imagined this. I have so much respect for anyone who gets a Championship! Whew! And those people who finish two or three, simply amazing!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Aww, I'm so excited for you and Barley! :D

I always thought it would be fun to finish our MACH at our club's trial ... a couple months before it didn't look like it was going to happen, and then Dusty somehow miraculously got a 1st place for 28 points the weekend before, so we ended up getting our MACH the first run of the weekend at our club's show and double-Q-ing that day too :) So you never know how powerful all that subconscious goal-setting stuff might be ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts