Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been doing some short hikes with Barkley, and I just took her on her first overnight backpacking trip. It was only a few miles in and then back the next day, but the biggest new thing was spending a cold night in a tent. She managed to have much more energy through the hikes in and out than I did, and she had no problem sleeping in a tent in cold weather! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of her in or around camp since I left my camera on the side of the trail on the way in. Luckily it was still there on the way back the next day and I was able to snap a couple of extra pictures! Anyway, she recently hit the 6th month mark so I figured this would be something special to do together! I doubt she'll ever have as much fun again as she did on this trip!

Attachments

·
Mulligan & Samantha's Mom
1,263 Posts
It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad your camera was safely waiting for you... sounds like something I would do. Thanks for sharing the great pictures! I've only camped with Samantha once (I'm not a camping type of girl) and it pleasantly surprised me how well she did. Glad to hear you had a great time!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
She's a beauty! I know she'd be happy sleeping anywhere as long as you are by her side. And make no mistake: the fun is just beginning!

Next time tie the camera to your wrist. We're gluttons for picture!

·
Registered
639 Posts
We did the tent thing with our previous Golden and she was fine. Honestly, I think as long as they are with their people, they are happy.

Love your pics!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Looks like everyone had fun! Beamer loves hikes as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts