Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

barking dog

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  lilgoldie 
#1 ·
how do I stop my golden from barking at anything?:mad:

#2 ·
More information would be helpful here.

Does the dog bark on walks at people, dogs, basket balls, trash bags, trucks??

Does he sit in the yard and bark at nothing at all?

Does he demand bark for attention, or in anticipation for you to throw a toy?

Does he bark/cry in his crate?

Does he bark at passersby out the window?

Each type of barking is very different and different approaches would be useful in each situation.

#5 ·
She's just a puppy and just now learning how to act. For example, if she learns that barking will get a reaction out of you (positive or negative), she will continue to bark. What do you do when she barks?

How long is she left outside by herself? What other training are you doing with her?

#10 ·
Brandy barks at anything and everything. I resisted the electric bark collar for a long time but finally bought one after the citronella collar had zero effect.

The electric bark collar worked like a charm. After a short period of time, I could put it on her without even turning it on and the barking would stop immediately.

#13 ·
when one starts the other follow in my house... i dont tend to call it a bad behaviour in my dogs because they are just protecting you and their home so its really just a warning... i could never use on of those barking collars they are not the way my dogs are only alone for a couple of hours a day so no time to be bored as they have each other and toys to play with... they bark at people who come in to my house but i just guess they are saying "who that wghat they want???"
my way of getting round it see what they are looking at and say its gone now girl thanks for telling me, if they contiue i go and tap on the head thank you girl i know.... thing like that

#14 ·
lilgoldie said:
when one starts the other follow in my house... i dont tend to call it a bad behaviour in my dogs because they are just protecting you and their home so its really just a warning... i could never use on of those barking collars they are not the way my dogs are only alone for a couple of hours a day so no time to be bored as they have each other and toys to play with... they bark at people who come in to my house but i just guess they are saying "who that wghat they want???"
my way of getting round it see what they are looking at and say its gone now girl thanks for telling me, if they contiue i go and tap on the head thank you girl i know.... thing like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.