Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO.....my very handsome 4 month old Golden boy....who has slept through the night for as long as we have had him....has recently decided that he should BARK all night long. WHY is this??? It is starting to take away from his cuteness.....LOL I just cant understand why the change.....NOTHING has changed at home??? HELP......I dont wwant Oliver to have to sleep in the laundry room forever :-(

·
Registered
532 Posts
First off hello fellow maritimer:wavey: I see you are from Nova Scotia. I grew up in Halifax but live in New Brunswick now.
I have a barker myself, she does sleep in our room(with door closed she is only four months old) in her own bed with our older golden but will wake up in the middle of the night and bark to be let into our bed. We tried ignoring her and after a couple of nights she gave up. Good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night I put Oliver in the laundry room.....I felt soooo bad.....BUT I did leave the light and a radio on for him.....I hope he soon outgrows this......SOMETIMES I wonder if I should of crate trained him?!?!?!?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Last night I put Oliver in the laundry room.....I felt soooo bad.....BUT I did leave the light and a radio on for him.....I hope he soon outgrows this......SOMETIMES I wonder if I should of crate trained him?!?!?!?
I didn't crate train either but sometimes I wish I had. I'm sure Oliver will be fine and settle down soon enough. The radio is a big help I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Aahh puppies...It will get better. I would just do your best to completely ignore him and of course, do not let him out of the laundry room when he is barking. Good luck. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts