Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bucky made it to Colorado!He is one tired guy.He is also one very large guy.He is in horrible shape,but hopefully after a few months hopefully he will begin to feel more comfortable.his hair is very thin,due to fleas and low thyroid.his nails are so long they curl over,and he has a funky growth that hangs down off his chin,his hind end is very matted,but hopefully I dont need to shave him.But..he is soooo sweet and loving.when he saw my dogs his tail started wagging so hard,he couldnt wait to meet them.Somehow he managed to get up on the couch during the night,and hasnt moved since!Thank you all for your concerns and happy thoughts for this guy.I will try to post some pics when it gets light out.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Luna

LUNA

I am so very happy for you and BUCKY!!

I was going to email you this morning, because I was wondering when he arrived!!!

I know you will treat him like a Prince!

Be sure to get pics when you can and if you can't post them here email to me as a jpg, and I will!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:--heart::--heart::--heart::--heart:

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
What wonderful news!

I know you will make a world of difference to Bucky. He (of course) sounds like such a sweetheart and he has his slice of heaven now.

Thank you for taking him in wne I would LOVE a picture when you can. I can't wait to see his transformation over the next few months.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Here's bucky

Here's Bucky!!

Luna just sent this picture of bucky!!

Attachments

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is gorgeous and with your love and the pups he will lose that weight. Bless you for giving him a home.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Welcome to Colorado, Bucky! You're going to love your life here:)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Bucky already looks better! He is more alert and interested in his surroundings (and myabe the little boy he has too!).:);):p:

How wonderful. Thanks Luna for giving him a new life.

Brrr! to the cold snow scene. I am busy pouting because it is in the mid 50s and raining so I should be glad for what I have!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all so much!,Bucky is an awesome guy!he loves everyone one and everything.We took him for a few short walks,and he had soooo much fun. He LOVES the snow and tennis balls.He started to play with one of my other goldens,as much as he could,hes fairly chubby.I think hes pretty happy...So far he has managed a spot on the couch.,and with his size,theres not alot of room for anyone else! Think I need a bigger one!Thank you Karen for posting his picture.I will keep you updated!

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
What a beautiful guy! I bet he can't believe his luck in landing there with you.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
it sounds like bucky is settling in so well. I love hearing about him playing in the snow and getting comfy on your couch.

It has probably been quite a while since he had it so good (if ever).

You are wonderful for giving him such a wonderful life!

Thank you all so much!,Bucky is an awesome guy!he loves everyone one and everything.We took him for a few short walks,and he had soooo much fun. He LOVES the snow and tennis balls.He started to play with one of my other goldens,as much as he could,hes fairly chubby.I think hes pretty happy...So far he has managed a spot on the couch.,and with his size,theres not alot of room for anyone else! Think I need a bigger one!Thank you Karen for posting his picture.I will keep you updated!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Update on Bucky from Luna2

Update on Bucky from Luna2
TO CoppersMom and All.

Poor Luna2
[email protected]

can't get on to post!
Can someone have an administrator email her please!!??

Update on Bucky-to Coppers Mom and all from Luna2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on Bucky to Coppers Mom and all from Luna2

Hi Karen,I think I must have really screwed up on the GR forum.I cannot post.I tried to switch my email,and now nothing matches and I cannot get on.

Coppers mom has followed Buckys story,as well as you,and asked for an update.Bucky has lost 15 pounds,got his skin tag removed,and had to get a hematoma lanced in his ear.he is looking and feeling so much better!.his walks are getting longer[whenever its not freezing]and its really helping with his weight loss.I will try to send some photos...

.also,there is a senior at the marion county animal control ,in Ocala florida.her id is mcac174513a.I will try to email some florida rescues.we just pulled 4 dogs and 4 pups from that awful shelter in Idaho Falls, where Willie came from,so I have been insanely busy.Thanks Karen. you all have a wonderful holiday season!

Hillary
[email protected]

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Ta da!
Luna2 sent me a new picture of Bucky and I wanted to share. this guy now has a goooood life.:):p:;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,202 Posts
Bucky is one very lucky boy who will be forever grateful to you. A dog who has been rescued and given a chance for a life, will show you everyday how much they love you and are grateful for everything you do for them and give them.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bucky

I love that pic of Bucky!!

I take it Luna2 still can't post here!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im back!thank you Coppers Mom for posting his picture!He such a great dog.no issues at all..He has some arthritis but I guess thats to be expected.hes been carrying that weught around for a while!Thank you all for your happy thoughts,Hope you all have a wonderful Holiday!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Thank you so much Luna2 for taking in Bucky. He looks so wonderful in that second photo you sent in - angelic.

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Luna, how is Bucky doing? Any updates? :) Thank you so much for taking that sweet boy in! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts