Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else play this with their pup? What we do is have Bailey sit in the kitchen, then we run into the bedrooms or bathroom and hide in different places. When we are ready, we tell Bailey "okay" and she comes and finds us.

This is her absolute favorite game and it will always put her in a good mood with a non stop wagging tail.

What's your pup's favorite game? I'm looking for ideas for new games too.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hide the squeaky! Duffy hasn't learned this yet, but its Teddy's favorite. Hide the toy, call them in the room and they search for it.

We also play hide & seek. Fun doggy stuff!

Kris

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's kind of hard to do now, with snow on the ground, but we like to bury treats in the sandbox when Rosie's not looking, then call her over to find them. I'd be interested in some more "inside" games, since we're spending more time indoors than outdoors lately.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
My son plays hide and seek treat game. Leif hides the milkbones and the dogs find them. Willow loves this game and it's the only game she will still play in her old age.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
I totally play hide and seek but when I'm calling my dog, I use the recall word. It's great coming when called training!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I used to play hide and seek with our dog Porter. He loved it!! Of course he knew all of the usual spots. I could quietly change spots to keep the game going.....but he always found me. Good times! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
We play hide and seek outside. They (2) sit behind a door, we hide the ball, and tell them "find it" - the race begins. Who ever returns it first, gets a big hug and lots of praise. Great game for mental and physical stimulation!

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
I've been playing cups with mine. Put a treat under a cup on the coffee table with two other cups, move them around and have the dog "find" the right cup.

·
A Deputy and his dog
167 Posts
We play hide and seek with moose all the time. He's too good at it. he knows all the hiding spots. Hiding under blankets makes him the happiest because he gets to shove his head under there and give you sloppy kisses to let you know he won. Makes him overcome with joy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts