Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mia & Mollie's human mom
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got some bad news this weekend about our first "temp" foster we had earlier in June (see thread http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/fostering-forum/98522-our-first-foster-temporary-jackson.html)

Jackson has died very recently from a blood disease (I'm guessing due to complications from blood transfusions perhaps)... He was doing GREAT.. he had lost tons of weight, gotten knee surgery on both back legs and was in physio... He was still in foster care. It happened very quickly apparently... one moment he was fine, and the next he's dying... :(

My hubby and I are SO sad... even though we only had him for three short days, we got attached to him... he was such a sweet and laid back dog.

RIP sweet Jackson.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I too am so sorry to hear this. May God Bless little Jackson and keep him safe.

Reactions: shortcake23

·
Registered
981 Posts
I am so sorry. It doesn't take long to get attached! Poor Jackson. Rest in peace sweet boy.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry for everyones loss. Rest in peace sweet boy. May you be running at the bridge happy and free of pain playing with all of our pups.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jackson

I am so very, very, sorry to hear about Jackson. It is wonderful that you got to love him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts