Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Maci's Mom
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately Maci has been having a little bit more bad breath then usually.(she doesn't really have much at all) One day while I was at school, one of my family members was playing with her and he thought she had eaten a whole bottle of tooth paste as her breath smelt over the top minty. When I came home, I had realized that she had eaten a long forgotten bone called "minties". After searching I finally found the bag, and to my surprise there was one left! So, of course I ran to give it to her. And she refused to eat it -_- of course. A little while later a great idea dawned upon me, shred it up and put it in her food! I'm not sure if it changed her breath because I only put a little sample in her food last night just to make sure she would eat it. But so far it seems like a good idea, and if you want your golden's breath the smell extra clean plus, a little added bonus favour to their kibble shred up some minties! :D

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
One thing about bad breath and a reason why I would not cover it up unless I knew the reason for it.... bad breath is a symptom for a lot of things, including intestinal issues and kidney and liver problems.

·
Maci's Mom
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing about bad breath and a reason why I would not cover it up unless I knew the reason for it.... bad breath is a symptom for a lot of things, including intestinal issues and kidney and liver problems.
Well, she is still losing a tooth here and there and I know the bad breath is due to her teething.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Someone once told me that if you put Rosemary in a dog's food, mixed with water, it helps to control bad breath (if the vet has told you there is nothing wrong first of course). Although I have not tried it, the Breath Buster treats you can buy for dogs do have it in the ingredients. Anyone know if this is just a silly rumor? During the spring when the boys enjoyed rabbit and goose droppings, I would love to give them something! As much as we do not let them off their leash when we go through the field during those times, the droppings are everywhere and it's like a treat to them. Yuck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts