Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jerry had day surgery 3 weeks ago on his back to repair two cracks he got when his knee buckled (old Navy injury) and he fell. Wee fixed with bone cement and waht the doctor called a "molly bolt". He breezed thru it, but not allowed to bend, pick up anything, driv, etc for 2 weeks. Got cleared on Monday.

B
UT my back has hurt--right where my bra back is--for a year. Finally had to go to the doctor and now have to schedule a full bone scan. Perhaps I carried to many 40 pound bags of pea gravel and 16x16 stons when I laid,y patio extension (doubled it's sixe) and put a side walk down th back of the house, plus all the bags of top spoil, cow manure, etc, etc I have toted around the past few years did me no good.

When I was getting the exam yesterday they did comment on how very limber I am to be 74 1/2 years old. Also, much strength in my legs. Go to the gym 30-4 times a week, but that was mostly to gt my A1C down and it really worked.

We also found last week that Jerry has catarats and his vision is below the minimum rquired to be able to drive. so even tho he is cleared to drive with hsi back, his vision prevents it. He can't gt into the doctor for that until Jan. 12, and then he will be sent to another docotr, go thru the wait, have one eye done and then the other. Will probably be mid March before he will be able to drive. Guess if I ha to have back surgery, it will wait until then. Getting old is NO FUN!

·
Super Moderator
4,470 Posts
Oh goodness! I sure hope your back is alright. Waiting for medical appointments is very difficult. Good luck with all of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts