Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to see the vet today after Tee's mysterious "episode" last Friday. The vet said her heart sounds great - she was really happy with it. Said her whole chest cavity sounds good. Strong beat, no murmer, good rate. That was a huge relief.

So what happened is a bit of a mystery. The vet said it was not a stroke or a seizure. Also a big relief. It might have been a temporary drop in blood pressure (thus the grey tongue). She talked about the spleen and hemangio, but said if there were a tumour that had burst and was bleeding into her abdoman, Tee would not have recovered so quickly and stayed so well. She felt around her belly and stuff and didn't find anything worrying. The weird thing was the pawing at her head - the vet said that's not an indication of any particular thing - not a symptom of anything. She said, it IS possible that Tee was feeling some kind of pressure or light-headedness.

So we agreed to watch her, see how she is. My vet didn't feel strongly that she needed to do bloodwork (Tee had a full senior panel in April and an NSAID panel in October - all good). I have to say, she was the picture of health and good manners in the office today, so I'm happy. And I was just so relieved to hear her heart is good.

Thanks for all the good wishes you all sent her way!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Well that sounds like a good report! Something to celebrate!

Did your vet mention possibly doing an echo/abdominal sonogram? You might want to consider it to rule things out--if it will ease your mind any.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Yes, that does sound good. If you're like me, tho, you'll worry anyway because you didn't get The Answer. I hate it when that happens. ;)

Sending you hugs and prayers that Tesia continues to be healthy and happy.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that sounds like a good report! Something to celebrate!

Did your vet mention possibly doing an echo/abdominal sonogram? You might want to consider it to rule things out--if it will ease your mind any.
No echo because the heart sounded so good. She was really quite enthusiastic about how it sounded - which made me REALLY happy. She did a manual check of her belly, all the poking and prodding. She said everything felt good and there was no indication that Tee felt any pain as she did it. She looked back at the results from the abdonimal ultrasound Tee had back in April, and that's where she talked about hemangio and how if there had been a tumour that burst and was bleeding into her stomach it could cause a collapse - but Tesia never actually collapsed, and her recovery and health since have been so good that she really ruled that out (thank goodness again). She had a few nodules on her spleen back in April, but the doctor who read it did not think that they were cause for concern, and recommended another check in a year.

So... no answer (which, to Penny's Mom, yes, is hard!) but she seems to be feeling good, so I'm okay with that!

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
what great news!!! Something to be very, very thankful for this Thanksgiving day!

Reactions: Sweet Girl

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Good news. You can relax now and enjoy with you sweet girl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts