Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took our 8 week old Holly to the Emergency again, came home and her left eye was closed and unfocused, rolling around wierd when i opened it.. my mom thought it might be a seizure. oy vey! I was already worried because of her uncontrolled twitching in her sleep so I freaked out and took her to the vet. Turned out to only be an eye infection, (hopefully). I had to take her to the emergency on New Year's day because she had bloody stools and it turned out to be coccidia. That place we got her from was so shady, I'm considering reporting them. My dad's a lawyer.. did some "searching" and found out she's living in govt. housing.. obviously selling puppies (20+ in her small house and obviously they're not that healthy considering I've spent over $400 on vet appointments ALREADY before her regular vet check up scheduled this coming Monday) she only takes cash, so I bet she gets cash for the pups, doesn't report her income and gets free housing paid for by us taxpayers of the state of Michigan. UGH. And people wonder why our state is broke.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Thank goodness she is ok. I would definetely report her to the authorities. Dont know who handles the govt housing in Michigan but I am sure as bad as the economy is they would be happy to get someone out that doesnt need it and put someone into there that really does need the home. Nothing makes me more mad than someone using animals like they are humans money making machine. they are living creatures with feelings. Hopefully your Dad will be able to find something that will get her shut down.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I am sorry Holly is having more medical issues. Hopefully you will be able to do something about the dreadful place she came from. Good luck!! Thoughts and prayers that Holly continues to get well and be able to enjoy puppyhood without being sick.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,154 Posts
That woman needs to be shut down ASAP. Sorry for your troubles.

Here's hoping all of Holly's problems clear up, which they will with your love and care.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sorry to hear of the ordeal you and Holly have had to put up with. So glad to hear that she is on the mend. Hopefully this is the last of her health issues. All the best.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Thank God

Thank God your baby is o.k.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Sorry your pup is having so many health issues so early in her life. All the more reason people should do their due diligence when purchasing a golden. While there are no guarantees in life, a reputable breeder following the GRCA's code of ethics certainly set their pups up for success. Unfortunately, as people continue to buy from folks like this girl's breeder, there is no incentive for them to stop. Hopefully, you find some legal recousrse and get this breeder shut down.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Welcome! Hang in there. Now that you are taking excellent care of your pup she will thrive. Please post pics of her - I bet that she is absolutely adorable despite her somewhat questionable beginning.

More importantly, please do report the "breeder" who is actually running a puppy mill. Chances are she cares little about the puppies' parents and does not give them the attention, exercise, etc. that they deserve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts