Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
5 degrees here with wind chills below zero - I wimped out on the morning hike :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
7 degrees here. Just got back from our walk. Pups didn't seem to notice the cold! I did...even though I was well layered, I cut the walk short...maybe 20 minutes. Feeling a little wimpy. Maybe it will be warmer for this afternoon's walk?!? Stay warm everyone!!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
OMG....I'm such a wimp then.....I can't IMAGINE going out in single digits!!!!

My guys go out, do their business, and come right back in.:D

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
It is 12 degrees outside now that the sun is up. Too cold for me! Though, I do have to work today so at least I will be inside.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Ya, I just took a walk with Kahuna in 20, but after reading these I feel like a wuss haha... I thought I was doing him some big favor by sucking it up but you guys are CHAMPS! Lol! (I am from So Cal lol don't judge me)

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Cold you say?

I beat you guys (not that I'm especially happy to). It's -21 C (-6 F) and feels like -33 c (-27 F).
Yesterday, with that weather, I put 2 coats of painting in the bathroom, undid the xmas tree, made soup for the week, did lots of dishes, one load of laundry and exercised inside. It's amazing what you can get done when you really don't want to go outside.
But believe it or not, my girl asks for the door to... sit on the snow and chew her marrow bone. I keep looking outside every 10 minutes expecting her to beg to come back in but she doesn't. She wants me to go out and play with her. Hmmmm...
Here in Québec we have an expression for cold like that (actually, a bit colder than that). We say it's 'nail snaping temperature'. Because it actually happens. Sometimes, a nail from the house snaps because of the cold and you can hear it. I'm just in Québec, I can't imagine what it's like in the North West Territories or in Alaska.
Ha! Poppers wants in! Finally!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Goldensrbest

Goldensrbest

Hoping you are BUNDLED UP!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I beat you guys (not that I'm especially happy to). It's -21 C (-6 F) and feels like -33 c (-27 F).
Yesterday, with that weather, I put 2 coats of painting in the bathroom, undid the xmas tree, made soup for the week, did lots of dishes, one load of laundry and exercised inside. It's amazing what you can get done when you really don't want to go outside.
But believe it or not, my girl asks for the door to... sit on the snow and chew her marrow bone. I keep looking outside every 10 minutes expecting her to beg to come back in but she doesn't. She wants me to go out and play with her. Hmmmm...
Here in Québec we have an expression for cold like that (actually, a bit colder than that). We say it's 'nail snaping temperature'. Because it actually happens. Sometimes, a nail from the house snaps because of the cold and you can hear it. I'm just in Québec, I can't imagine what it's like in the North West Territories or in Alaska.
Wow! I'm impressed! I feel warmer already!

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts

eep! i don't remember the last time we had cold weather like that.. it is currently -13 with the windchill! we are currently being hit by a freak snowstorm.. what was once 1cm of snow is now turned into a possible 10cm with lots of blowing snow! good thing i am home today.. moose on the other hand isn't phased but it.. he was outside running and jumping in the snow chasing a piece of bone he got for christmas that he snuck out! tsk tsk.. he only came in because a snow plow drove by and scared him..lol he looked like a little snow man!

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Cold weather, white rabbit

Goldensrbest

Hoping you are BUNDLED UP!
Got to! And I think I deserve a medal for having run 50 minutes in the woods with Poppy this morning. And she deserves one for being such an angel. We saw a white rabbit running into the woods and when I called her, Poppy stopped in her tracks and sat down instead of chasing the rabbit into the woods. She is just the most amazing dog! I was so pleased with her!

·
Eleanor's Mom
597 Posts
It was 8 degrees this morning when I walked Eleanor- wind chill below 0. I think it is a balmy 20 degrees now. Warmup on the way however!

·
Clare--Watney's mom
88 Posts
I took Watney to the park this morning when it was 9 degrees and just got back from the second trip when it was a balmy 23! Didn't even wear a hat the second time, but boy did that tennis ball go far when it bounced that icy ground! What a blast!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts