Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been a cafe here all week. Sa. my middle brother, his wife and theri 12 year odl grandson that they have custody of came down. then Sunday the oldest of my 3 brothers arrived and the middle brother & family had to leave real late that afternoon to head back to Austin. Monday our ex DIL arrived from Houston with our 16 year old granddaughter--Maddie had been spending the weekend with her Mother in Houston (lives with our son in next town 6 miles up the road). Was Labor day so cooked on grill and had my brother, ex-DIL and 16 year old granddaughter here. ex DIL was staying til Wed. afternoon, so I cooked a big breakfast again Tuesday morning. That afternoon , she picked up granddaughter after school and brought here for supper. Our youngest son was suppose to come, but had to work. Our oldest son and 20 year old grandson joined us for supper that night. Then last night, our ex DIL had left, but had youngest son (that was his wife), and 16 year old granddaughter, oldest son, his 20 year old son and 17 year old daughter over.

Older son ahd smoked some wild hog and brought some over, and my brother (will be here a few more days) did beer brats on grill. I had Mac & Cheese with sausage (Ji8mmy dead breakfast sausage) left from the night before. I also made a huge tossed salad, fresh steamed and butted broccoli flowerettes, frsh squash and onions, chunks of potatoes steams and covered with white sauce with cheese added, 7 Up biscuits, and for dessert a home made carrot cake (best recipe I ever found), and a home made fresh pear pie with vanilla ice cream. See why I felt like I was running a cafe?

Anyway, youngest son took his picture of him and Princess Jewel and I just love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
That is a cute pic. You make me tired!

Reactions: Peri29

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Nice picture. Your post made me miss my mom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts